Friday, April 01, 2005

Sick kids

Argh! My poor daughter is sick. That in itself is bad enough, but also means I've had almost no sleep and neither has my poor husband. My son is not sick (this is good news), but means I have one flaked out child and one buzzing around like a sawmill. Not an easy combination!!

As for writing--my usual childcare days were abandoned this week due to someone else's sickness and I have only two weeks of childcare (a grand total of 4 days) to finish the first draft of my second novel. I'm aiming this one at Harlequin Intrigue. Before anyone slams romance, and category romance in particular, pick up a recent one and see what you think. I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised!!

Like most writers I'd like to write Single Title books--those are the longer more intricate books you find on the shelves. But I'm testing my teeth on a simpler format--still very difficult to break into I assure you--but maybe this way I can learn more and actually get published in a very tough market.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Toni! Nice blog!

    Congrats on joining the madness.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Toni! Nice blog!

    Congrats on joining the madness.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete