Saturday, May 14, 2005

May Isle

 Posted by Hello


This is part of the location for my work-in-progress. I took this photo on a rare day last summer when the haar wasn't hugging the shore. The Isle of May is off the East coast of Fife, Scotland. It is a bird sanctuary packed full of puffins, guillemots, shags, kittiwakes, Eider ducks etc, all nesting cosily. In the autumn huge numbers of seals give birth to pups on the island. So for anybody interested in wildlife it is a gorgeous place to visit.

http://www.seabird.org

Check out the website and the live webcams and see what is happening today!
Makes me feel all reminiscent...oh to be in Jockland :)

8 comments:

  1. You described it perfectly. It's really not very different at all from what I envisioned from reading you so YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness Kim. Must be doing SOMETHING right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt we will be going any further north than we are already this summer but it sounds nice. I’ve been doing my own bird impression lately (see blog) but I don’t suppose the RSPB will be putting me on a sit just yet lol. Lovely picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:34 pm

    Is this what used to be the Isle of Mey?
    M&P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful and so romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M&P--the Isle of Mey? Where have you been hanging out? I miss that view!!!

    Olga, the puffins are magic. Kamakazee bullets. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks perfect for your book! Can't wait till you sell - and you will sell, I'm sure of it! I have great confidence in you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dragonfly47--do you want to remain anonymous? I might sell, one day, with help from great CP's like yourself and Kim and Kathy. I wouldn't get anywhere without you and I hope if I ever get somewhere I'll help you as much as you've helped me.

    ReplyDelete