Saturday, June 25, 2005

Changing the World

I never get many comments on environmental issues and sometimes I wonder why? I don't believe people don't care--really how can people not care?

I think sometimes people feel they can't make a difference, so why bother? But they CAN make a difference, everyone can.

I think sometimes they think they aren't educated enough to argue/discuss the issues. Do you understand that the Earth is warming up because people don't treat energy like a precious resource? That is all you need to know. Treat energy like prime rib. Make the most out of every last bite :) Or like good gin :)

It can be depressing, but life is too short to get depressed. We can't always afford to make big changes, but investigate environmental options when you have to change something--from a lightbulb to a car. Even investigate the companies you buy from, even your grocery store. See what they are doing for the environment. It is your right and my childrens' right to do so.

Recycle, Re-use, Conserve. And question.

We can all do it. I'm far from perfect, but I try everyday to be better.

World Resources Institute is a great website and NOT depressing. These people are actually achieving things.

And for the Americans, here is a Great article that is positive and powerful.

4 comments:

Olga said...

Toni, you're right, this is very important, and thanks for the links!

Toni Anderson said...

Thanks Olga, I can't not talk about it, I really don't expect everyone to agree with me.

Suzanne said...

Great link! Thanks! I care! :) And it's hard to forget when you have little kids around who are always saying--we have to take care of our world. I'm thinking they are doing a good job on that in schools these days, LOL.

Toni Anderson said...

They are doing a great job in schools--it is the adults who need to learn :)