Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Countdown

Richard Whiteley has died. What a crying shame. This will mean nothing to anyone outside the UK. This man hosted Countdown, a word and numbers quiz that hooked every granny and student at 3.30-4 pm every weekday afternoon.

My granny loved Countdown. DH loved Countdown. DH had to be dragged away from Countdown during the birth of our first child.

What can I say--Richard Whiteley loved bad ties and bad jokes, and it made us love him.

Just goes to show, we never know what's going to happen tomorrow, so enjoy today :)

11 comments:

  1. you keep upon uk news then

    ReplyDelete
  2. BBC world news is what I watch at night and I try to check local news every week.

    Last time I lived abraod, well last time I lived abroad in Canada i went home to Spice Girl Mania having never heard of them LOL. Never want that to happen again :) Looked like a right moron :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now every one says no never liked them lol
    some one bought the records

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, hugs. I live in the U.S. so I don't know who he is, but I know how when someone dies who comes into your home every day through the TV, it's oddly like losing a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same way no one ever wore flares in the 70's!!!

    Suzanne--it is a shame. He seemed like a nice man and wasn't very old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can`t believe it! I`m in shock, what happened?

    A terrible shame as I think he was much loved despite his terrible jokes etc.

    What will Carol do now?!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know--details a bit vague, seems he went into hospital with pneumonia and never came out???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:02 am

    best regards, nice info
    » » »

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:47 pm

    Well done!
    [url=http://ujubxbai.com/puet/ujqy.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://cgheqpfa.com/pdtj/fjbu.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous4:48 pm

    Great work!
    http://ujubxbai.com/puet/ujqy.html | http://nwxgvmtt.com/bsbs/clda.html

    ReplyDelete