Thursday, June 23, 2005

TARA

Ok--this is not a post about my sister-in-law!!

I have finaled in the Tampa Area Romance Authors contest. Yippeee and bubbly all around!!

Now, I don't know which of my manuscripts finaled because I entered two, but hopefully this will at least get me in front of an editor who might request to see the whole book. And it is a hell of a lot better than chalking up another contest failure. I haven't entered that many, but enough to feel the sting of rejection and scornful outrage when a judge plain old doesn't get your story.

So, my good days are coming along for a change, just in time for Reno!!!

13 comments:

  1. Yipppardy do dah, yippppparddy day... good times are a-coming me old dear! Cor, I knew you before you were (nearly) famous.

    Hugs all round

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEEEEEE Giddyup cowboy!!!

    I'm so happy for you! Hey, when they buy the book and can say--Hey, I critted that!

    Go Toni GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...I'm not famous yet, not even close but thanks guys anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!! I hope to meet you in Reno!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill-thanks. You will be meeting me, when I pick up a signed copy of SEEING RED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations. hope you have time to keep the blogging up when you are rich and famous ( richer and more famous)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL--rich and famous. Gawd!!! It takes a long time to build a career and even IF I sold this book it would only be a start--so yes, I would carry on blogging...actually I have an idea for a wip that involves bloggers and killers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the final!!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WIP =work in progress yes?no?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Suzanne!!

    New_friend yes, getting my wip out is nothing funky, it is my work in progress :) and for some reason they all seem to be wip's because I can't let go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. could have been Winning Inventive Novel or


    Writings in Persian or Wholly Inspirational Narrative or even Women’s International Naturist ( well known nudist publication in the north of England) .

    but work in progress makes more cense if less sensational than 12 feet of platted rawhide

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Toni!
    The idea about bloggers who are killers sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:32 pm

    Excellent, love it!
    » »

    ReplyDelete