Friday, July 22, 2005

2000 women

Can you imagine it??? I love women, but I'm not sure about 2100 all in the same place as me LOL. And imagine the male romance writers...I shudder with sympathy!!

I've been in an almost-all-male situation once. Mining camps in the far north of Canada and on a ship--there were two other girls and about 70 blokes. If I had to go into the camps for any reason I would literally have men following EVERY move I made with beady eyes as they salivated over my incredible body, (Note: Incredible can cover all evils :D). And, like the footy song--I never walked alone!!

I thought I was insanely popular with the helicopter pilots as they got to pick the people/crew they wanted to take in their chopper and I was ALWAYS picked first.

But let me tell you something about helicopter pilots--they are obsessed with weight. Not in a 'does my bum look big in this' sort of way, but in a 'I could get a few more kilometers carrying less weight' sort of way. Needless to say being five-foot-one-inch tall of medium build, that is why I was popular!!!

7 comments:

  1. LOL, Toni! Hey, the male romance writers are lucky! The conference is great. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either Suzanne--very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh! I'm glad I live in Southern Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christopher--me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Luck, look forward to hearing all about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Helicopter pilots. I'd give them my weight with all honesty. Them suckers drop out of the sky like rocks. The helicopters, not the pilots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to fly in a lot of small planes. This one pilot, bless his heart, was kind enough to memorize pretty much every woman's weight so they didn't have to scream it out in the plane.

    ReplyDelete