Saturday, July 23, 2005

Bridget Jones


Last night we watched Bridget Jones--The Edge of Reason. It was so funny and lighthearted and cringe-worthy. LOL. I can totally see myself getting into those stupid situations and being hauled off to prison for 10-15 years for accidentally smuggling cocaine! I can also see myself careering out of control down the ski slopes--having done it a few times myself :)

Her hair problems, make-up disasters, trying to squeeze a size 16 (UK) into tummy tamer knickers--maybe I should have packed those for Reno??--Oh no, I like to breathe!! The wardrobe mistakes--the relationship ****-ups!! All very funny and very sweet because in the end she got her man.

I especially loved the scene where Colin and Hugh get scrapping in the park (was that Greenwich?), man they looked like they really enjoyed that and Hugh deserved a good shoeing!!

So Bridget got her man, the Happily Ever After of any good romance.

DH did surprise me by blurting 'She (Rene) looks better there, than when she was so skinny for the Oscars.'

Wow!!

Men do notice things...must be why he steals my People magazine :)

10 comments:

  1. When Colin and Hugh fought, I laughed so hard--I cried! I loved the backgroung music while it was going on too! So fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want that sound track LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no need to watch now i think i just got all the plot lol. sounds chic flic
    but you a chic and it sounds like you both liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey--I only gave away a tiny portion of the plot LOL--you'd like it I bet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are you saying i'm a chick ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A 17 stone guy from the north of England with a greying beard??

    Maybe you're in touch with your feminine side ????

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to see the second Bridget Jones movie! Must get it on my netflix list!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I was the last person to see it--I hope I didn't ruin it for anyone, but you know you have to watch it just to see her goofy expressions :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely ADORE the Bridget Jones' movies. I ran out and bought the second one as soon as it was on DVD since I didn't watch it in the theater. I have to say that I still like the first one the best, but the second one is very good, as well. The fountain fight scene is definitely hilarious. I have the soundtrack to the first one - the UK released soundtrack - and it's one of my top CD's to listen to. The books were both good, too - probably better than the movies, in the end, but the books are always different than the movies.

    ReplyDelete