Sunday, July 17, 2005

Stormy Waters

Last night we had one of those massive storms where the lightening flashes so much it was rarely even dark. The rain/hail was so bad our yard/lawn is lapping over the top of the flower-beds. I knew we were in for a storm as our flowers had just started to open--must be time for the heavens to open!!

So...on one side I have rubble and lots of it. The front door steps are removed and I have a four-foot drop to the ground. Outside the back-door and the French-doors is the deck--and deck is a really good name for it because it overlooks water and lots of it. So. I have no sane escape. If I need to get the car out of the garage I need wellies and rockclimbing boots. Or I could swim to safety???

I am getting just a tad fed up with the weather.

On the bright side (touch wood) no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no river flood (yet).

3 comments:

  1. Glad you and your family are alright!

    Sounds scary. I hate tornado season. So did I read it correctly? The hail busted up your steps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--no sorry. DH moved the steps to bust the concrete beneath them, the hail just helped flood everything.

    One step forward two steps back in our efforts to keep water out of the basement :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you send some of that rain my way? We're in the midst of a drought and I am HATING it. I LOVE thunderstorms and we've had precious few of them this year.
    But water in the basement is a big pain no matter where you live.

    ReplyDelete