Saturday, August 13, 2005

Achievements


OK--finally I am done with my story Storm Warning for Harlequin Intrigue. It is printed out and I just have to get an envelope big enough and I can mail it away to the editors there. It made me laugh when I printed it out to realize this story was bigger than my Ph.D. thesis. OK--I didn't need to catch, rear or dissect fish to do this manuscript, I didn't tear my hair out half as much, but it did give me a nice solid comparison :) We really did used to compare size when we were writing up!!!

Another achievement that I neglected to cheer was DH's path alongside our house. He replaced the concrete because it was cracked and dug down and patched holes in the foundations. Unfortunately we still have a minor leak and need to patch everything from the inside too :(


A third achievement is our daughter's sunflower--can you see it? It is about 7 and a half feet tall and about to flower. Please admire the green trim around the French-doors that I painted this week :)


I am still coughing madly and looking forward to collapsing in a heap just as soon as possible. Here's hoping you all feel better than I do :)

7 comments:

MaryF said...

You've been busy, Toni! Good luck with the Intrigue!

Peggy said...

Good luck with the ms Toni!

Congrats to dh, sidewalk looks lovely!

Daughter's sunflower is HUGE, lol, and your garden is beautiful. Me, no green thumb!

Kendra Clark said...

Good luck TONI! The trim is lovely, the ms is hellacious looking in that pic! Was it really that long? Geez!

DH's walk looks nice and daughter's sunflower is ginormous! :)
Take care of yourself and get well soon!

Toni Anderson said...

Thanks Mary, Peggy and Kendra--my fingers are crossed for my ms!!!

I'm proud of my trim LOL and intend to do a bit more around the house in the next month!!

I inherited much of the garden, although that picture is mainly stuff I planted so I am please as usually I kill everything :/ I'm going to plant bulbs and hope for more spring color next year!!!

Jill said...

Woo Hoo, congrats!!!

Melissa Marsh said...

Ooh, don't you just love holding that big pile of paper? It gives you such a good feeling of accomplishment!!! Congrats!
And LOVE the trim on your house - looks like a wonderful deck.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on your manuscript being ready to mail!! Woo hoo!! And I love sunflowers!!!!!!