Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Aspirin??

I can't believe I haven't blogged today--where has the time gone?? Anybody else want to blog for me? as my feet ache and there is a pain strung across the back of my eyeballs. I haven't done anything to warrant aches and pains. Had people to lunch but DH did that as they were work people. I took the kids to the library, which is always hellish because my son dashes around the place if I let him--screams with laughter (if I chase him) or rage (if I curtail his fun and shove him in his pushchair).

I've been tearing my hair out over DH's website, not surprising--so not surprising as to be totally teeth-grindingly predictable. It was ALMOST ready to go. I would swear blue murder, but that is too obvious a response to the frustration I'm feeling right now :/ Grrrhhhhh

I've been trailing through the eHarlequin information threads on writing a book for Harlequin Presents, trying to get a feel for the line, and whether or not the story that won't leave my head might fit. I think it would--I really think it would, which is a massive surprise as nobody dies in this story, nobody gets targeted by the mob, sees ghosts, gets attacked by bears, in bar fights, set adrift on a burning fishing boat. My usual story ideas are full of blood and guts (my poor CPs, expecting romance and getting blood curdling violence--oops), not emotional anx, which this idea has in spades...so, maybe this will be my next project :)

10 comments:

  1. I took my son to the library once. Nightmare. But thankfully the Librarian brought him a box of trucks to play with. He LOVES trucks. That kept him quiet until we had to leave, and leave the trucks behind. Then the screaming started all over again.

    Good luck with the presents. Always fun to try a new line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love kids couldnt eat a hole one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love Presents. These were the first romances I ever read, and I still always get several every month!

    Good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love Harlequin Presents. Sheikhs and tycoons, oh my! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave up taking my kids to the library. Couldn't keep 'em quiet to save my life. We do the bookstores now, though it's way more expensive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure about Presents. I think I'll give a chapter a go and see how my CP likes it. She's a Presents fan so.... I think it would be good for me to try and force that infusion of emotion into the story. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think so to Toni! You're right, I love Presents. I'm excited about you trying something new and have all the faith in the world in you. And I love the premise. GO for it!

    P.S. Blood and guts? Heck, you have to read about my demons, vampires, and sword fights. You can do this, just remember, they need to be forced into marriage *snort*.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh forgot to mention two other really good Presents authors are Jane Porter and Lucy Monroe!

    Go get 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Kendra:)
    Jill--I already have an expensive habit at the book store. Don't want the kids developing them too :0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jill M and Suzanne--I hope I could do justice to such an alpha male :)

    Peggy--we have spawned the same genetic terrors LOL. Love em.

    New Friend--mine are only little, you might squeeze one in.

    ReplyDelete