Thursday, August 04, 2005

Knackered

I am SO tired!!!

What a wuss. I think I'm getting a cold :(

My brother finally arrived late last night with his two teenage daughters. Today I took them to Fort Whyte, a marshland, wildfowl reserve with Bison etc. It was nice and windy so no bugs and the temperature in the mid twenties so gorgeous :)

I'm working on my requests from the conference. At least I am mulling them over in my head. I have prepared the first chapter request for HQN, and now need to work on the full for Harlequin Intrigue. I need a good week where my brain has returned to Earth before I can really work on it. It is finished--three drafts, but I want to go through it and incorporate some of the hints I got from the workshop I attended on HI.

My kids are having a field-day with the videos my brother brought with him, all the Disney Classics his girls have grown out of. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Rescuers. My daughter is in seventh heaven and quite honestly thinks she is the most deprived child in the world not to own these already!!! How to explain poverty to a small child??? How to explain I didn't see a color TV until I was about 14???

LOL--Progress???

Glad they're happy though :)

9 comments:

Peggy said...

Congrats on the requests, Toni, and good luck. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

My favourite Disney is Little Mermaid. The only "girlie" Disney movie I could not part with after birth of son.

Toni Anderson said...

Thanks Peggy!! I have never seen the movie Little Mermaid though it is on my daughter's Christmas wishlist!!

I even bought my first Christmas pressy today :) Yay!!!

Kendra Clark said...

I love the Little Mermaid. I still sing the songs sometimes ;) I'm also a fan of the Beauty and the Beast! I'm like Belle with all those books.

New_Friend said...

you can get coour TV now ?

do they still have moving pictures and sownd?

hope you feel better soon

Suzanne said...

I'm really tired, too. It's post-conference syndrome. Go easy on yourself.

Melissa Marsh said...

Beauty and the Beast still remains my all-time favorite Disney "girl" movie. And thankfully, my daughter loves it!

Kendra Clark said...

Girl, you're looking good on my blog! *snort* And Gena Showalter's loaning us some machine gun jubblies. Waa hoo! That should perk you up--no pun intended.

Toni Anderson said...

Kendra--thanks for my body double--I needed that LOL!!!

New_Friend... Technology is a beautiful thing.

Kendra Clark said...

You're so welcome! I thought it would be funny. Heck, I needed a laugh.