Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Presents

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I'm enjoying the Harlequin Presents books I'm reading just now. Loreth Ann White sent me a bunch and I bought one of the latest by Emma Darcy. Many are set in Australia--though I notice they aren't really full of Aussie expressions, or they are set in other hot places. Now I'm going to set mine on the snow-white beaches of the west of Scotland--??? Hope it'll fly.

Right now I'm plotting. Have my hero and heroine in mind (including pictures). A film star and a photographer (breaking the don't write about film stars rule). I have revenge, passion and hopefully two souls who find each other in a cold world :). So I'd better go eat and plot.

Wish me luck!!!

PS. What are you doing???

8 comments:

New_Friend said...

just watching the news and reading your blog got to go in 15 min

New_Friend said...

early lunch so may i ask a question. from the TV coverage here amarica makes 10 times more of the 9/11 incident than the neworlians. why. they are more at risk from natural desasters we are causing than terrorisum and it would be eassier to fix. but coz 9/11 can be blamed on others it has the focus. is that true or ic coverage here ify

Suzanne said...

I love Harlequin Presents. I don't read them often (I don't read any one line religiously--I skip around), but they're fun every once in a while for me. Nothing to be embarrassed about! :)

Peggy said...

Why embarrassed? Great books! Have you read any of Jane Porter's books? Her story to publication is very inspirational. If you haven't, look her up.

And set in Scotland? I'd love it! But then I've always wanted to visit the British Isles, so these books are the closest I'll ever get!

Toni Anderson said...

new_friend, I think 9/11 was such a malicious act, aimed at them specifally by people who wanted to kill innocents and prove no one was safe even in the USA. I don't think many Americans see Katrina as something they contributed to. Personally I think everyone of us is contributing to global warming and thus stronger more frequent storms but very few people in the states see this--doesn't mean everyone, and doesn't mean people are stupid, just unaware of some data. And the coverage of Katrina here has matched the 9/11 coverage I saw in the UK. Nightly news is dominated by it--and programs go on all night. So I think to US citizens it is every bit as important, but also as an act og God they can focus away from hatred and more on uniting (does that make sense?)

Toni Anderson said...

Peggy and Suzanne--I know!! I am not really embarrassed but I think in my head I was putting them down as more trashy than the romance I wanted to write?? And now I'm having my eyes opened and feel sad that I'm as capable of prejuding something as anyone else. Hate to be proved wrong ;/

Melissa Marsh said...

I'm at work and reading your blog. *grin* Slow day today, so I'll probably be reading A LOT of blogs.
Good luck with the plotting!

Kendra Clark said...

Goo luck!!!!!