Friday, October 21, 2005

ER


I watched ER last night and they gave it a real shot in the arm by introducing a new character Dr Victor Clemente (please forgive spelling) played by John Leguizamo.

Never heard of him--until I realized he was Sid's voice in Ice Age. Forgive me, I have to relate to the world in terms of kids TV these days!!

Anyway, it was good, it was fast, it got rid of Susan who has been boring the pants off me and added some excitement.

But I noticed Neela using the word **bad language alert** Wanker. Don't Americans know this is a naughty word, LOL? Or is it OK now? I'm curious. I bet Parminda Negra had a real giggle getting that one past the scriptwriters. I love the word wanker--I'm sorry, but it is like git and moron and rotten bastard all rolled into one and fits the tongue nicely in a very short space of time.

It's my word of the day :)

12 comments:

  1. Oh goodie, a new word to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. im shoked at the potty mouth where is my soap? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.

    When she said it, I thought of you and wondered what you'd think! Still, I won't say it, but I can think it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meretta--I am so predictable!!

    New_friend the soap is on at 1 pm everyday, repeated at 5 pm--or at least it was in my day :) It did make me giggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay - here is why it got by the censors. Most American's don't know what that word means. I had to call The Sister-in-law, who reads more "international" stuff than I do to interpret it for me. Alrighty then. I learn stuff every day, and I definitely like learning the naughty ones;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanker sounds quite tame to the American ear, as well as "bloody", although that may be tame to the English ear too. Not sure. I read your post about Tom Cruise and I totally agree. He is an excellent actor and doesn't get the acknowledgement he deserves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eve--I have found my niche :) educating North Americans on naughty words :)

    Scott--thanks :) I'm glad we agree on Tom. Bloddy is pretty tame, but still swearing where I come from.rh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh good - what word is next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Wanker. Actually, I think all swearing words rolling off the British tongue sounds hilarious! I think it's that mix of posh and trash! When I watched Bridget Jones, I cracked up everytime her friend said the "f" word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having a good old giggle to myself here! Bloody is pretty mild, I would not let my kids even say that, but if they came out with wanker - well I would be so appauled, it's second to "f" really isn't it. I like the 'Angry Kid' sketch (adult cartoony character) Angry Kid is sat in the back of the car persistently saying "Dad, what's a wanker?" There are some words you just never want to explain to your off-spring.

    ReplyDelete