Friday, October 07, 2005

Grumpy

We have a visiting prof in our house--a very nice man from Alberta. I confess, I was fine about DH taking him out for a meal and entertaining him (even though I haven't been taken out for dinner for at least 6 months). But I was pretty grumpy when they got back at midnight and yapped until 12.30. I confess I was less than subtle when I went down in my jammies (with a smile for the visitor and a glare for DH) and let the dogs back inside and turned the outside lights off.

I can't sleep unless it is quiet, I can't sleep when I'm worried about DH. I expect respect for my work as a mom and writer and I NEED my sleep.

I guess that makes me high maintenance and difficult--:( Sorry!!

5 comments:

  1. I would be grumpy, too. Why are men so insensitive sometimes? Just repeat with me: MEN ARE STUPID. There. Feel better? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no wonder we're romance writers! Where else do such perfect men exist???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Thank God for women!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. high maintenance some things are worth working on (maintenance_PM preventative maintenance + dinner for two sometimes)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New_Friend...absolutely :)e

    ReplyDelete