Monday, October 17, 2005

Mouses cont.


The mice seem to have set up home mainly in our spare room, eating the new mattress, reading my little book supply that I keep in there for guests. Happily oblivious to the freaking ultrasonic repeller!!! They come out at night, watch the telly, sit beneath the sofa and make out--and poop. Then head down the light fittings to the kitchen for a late night snack. Well we've freshened the peanut butter and set 3 traps in the spare room--I will not give in--I will fight the mice!!

Reminds me of my granny. When I was a teenager, I remember having to pretend not to see a mouse when she was in our kitchen and one scurried around the floor, caught out in a houseful of people, cats and dogs. Gran would stand on a chair and screech if she saw one, like a cartoon character.

The woman went through the war but was still scared of mice!

10 comments:

  1. that is the cutest mouse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mice are scarier than guns, that why. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did that once! The dang thing was loose in our kitchen, and yep, I leaped up onto a chair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL--no, mice don't scare me but I don't want them in the house!! Now a rat would back me up pretty quick, not a pet one, but wild...yuk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe you ought to not make your guest room so inviting?
    I'm with you on rats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about borrowing a cat for a day or so? Could end the mouse problem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, if it weren't for the fact that we live so far away from each other I could lend you the exorcist kitty! Or Siobhan, the witch from the underworld.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe I could kidnap the kitty from nextdoor :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOH. I *hate* mice. I know exactly how you feel. It's like you're at war with the little bastards! I remember when I saw a mouse sneak behind my stove (using the kitchen counter) and I hurried and set a trap, then went to bed. In a few minutes, I heard the wonderful "SNAP!" and I think I cheered. A small battle won!!!

    Hope you get rid of them ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't stand mice. But the pic is cute.

    ReplyDelete