Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Mouses

Three days ago I told my husband I thought we might have those furry visitors as I'd heard scratching in the floorboards. Now DH always has that skeptical eyebrow on him. So he patted me on the head and said we'll keep a look out. Yesterday he took his lunch to work and found someone else had got there first :)

So last night he bought some traps and we set them out before we went up to bed. Peanut butter bait. We caught the first mouster before our foot hit the risers, and three by 11 p.m.

So today I have the dubious pleasure of cleaning out all the cupboards, and checking food and cleaning the spare room, where the mice had been sniffing at some of my precious books.

I'm hoping that's it for Mickey!!

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh....mice!!! I *hate* those little bastards with a passion! We had a bout with them last winter and I'd be sitting in the living room, watching t.v., and one would dart across the room. I lost count of how many we caught, but we finally found where they were coming in.

    Peanut butter works, but I've also noticed that the little buggers lick it off, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they do lick it off. I've learned to include a small piece of bread covered in PB so by the time that lick down to the bottom they're tugging for the last ounce and WHAM...gotcha!! The horribly thing is, they're kinda cute little buggers if you ever come face to face with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are cute. These traps are so sensitive you breath on them and they snap.

    ReplyDelete