Saturday, December 31, 2005

Congratulations



Congratulations to my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law Mike & Caroline, who got engaged on Christmas Day!!! This means we definitely get a trip home this summer/Autumn (wedding date willing) as DH is the Bestman.


I have a couple of New Year Resolutions for 2006--I only make them when I really want to keep them.

1. To lose the jellybelly.
2. To balance writing, family and me time.

3. To love everyone a little bit better.


To all the people I have known and for all my Scottish friends...
Auld Lang Syne...(Please sing in key ;-))

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days of auld lang syne?
And days of auld lang syne, my dear,
And days of auld lang syne.
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days of auld lang syne?

We twa hae run aboot the braes
And pu'd the gowans fine.
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld lang syne.
Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne,
We've wandered mony a weary foot,
Sin' auld ang syne.

We twa hae sported i' the burn,
From morning sun till dine,
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.

Sin' auld lang syne, my dear,
Sin' auld lang syne.
But seas between us braid hae roared
Sin' auld lang syne.

And ther's a hand, my trusty friend,
And gie's a hand o' thine;
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

13 comments:

  1. OOOH, a trip home to the British Isles! How fun!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, TONI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this - ol' Robert Burns had it going, didn't he.

    Oh you're going home - accckkkkk! Some day I'll get over there. Did I ever tell you that I possibly have Scottish blood in my veins too! We think that it's the Garmong, Cartwright or even the Trotter lines of my tree. And I still say you'll get to Texas before I get to Ireland!

    Congratulations to the happy couple!

    Happy New Year Toni - your friendship has meant a lot to me. May the blessings of 2006 smile upon you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, babe. :-)

    Hugs,

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Toni! Thanks for the lyrics. Never did know the words, though can't say I actually know what I read either! :-)

    Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many, many hugs to you dear friend. I'm so happy you get to go home! YAY!

    And congrats to your brother in law and his future bride. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year honey bunch - and to the rest of the 'Clan' too. Great news about the wedding - will be make it to Shropshire too (can't quite see your parents forgiving you being in the Country without popping in....). Hopefully give you the horsey books then too. Looking forward to seeing you already.

    Wishing you all that you wish for yourself in 2006 - and more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meretta--thanks!!! Hope all your dreams come true too :)

    Deb--no way I wouldn't come home!! DH might not make it but I'm there, even if it means flying oneway with the kids alone :D Maybe we'll try for a sleepover at yours too??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new family member! Hope you have a wonderful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be fantastic. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
    Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
    I have a make more money than site.
    Come and check it out if you get time :-)
    Best regards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:33 pm

    Good design!
    [url=http://pidexgkn.com/janm/dzdr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://bkjtfxaa.com/wgsn/vrzd.html]Cool site[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:34 pm

    Great work!
    http://pidexgkn.com/janm/dzdr.html | http://mniejsar.com/hmjm/yzio.html

    ReplyDelete