Monday, January 02, 2006

Bath time

The kids have been going nuts recently--Christmas and cabin fever combined into general hysteria with some sleepless nights and vomit.

Nice image huh?

Anyway, being the selfish, horrid woman I am--I figured I'd go soak in the jacuzzi with some bath salts and a Stephanie Laurens book (I have never read her). So I lit candles, ran the bath, made it seriously hot just the way I like it, set the timer, jumped in and read one paragraph before the door opened. DD. With a big smile on her face she said, "I'm just going to get in with you, mommy."

Well, OK. A bit early for bathtime but only half an hour. I was a bit disappointed, but nothing serious. We discussed the picture on the cover of my book. I explained, that no I wouldn't read it to her.

"I don't mind if it doesn't have pictures, mommy." Thank God!

I was saved by the banging entrance of the wee monster with his trousers around his ankles, raring to go.

Thirty bath toys later, plus one spitting competition, my bath was over.

It wasn't a bad way to start the new year :)

6 comments:

  1. Actually, it sounds like an absolutely beautiful way to start the new year. So you didn't get your bath - you got (and gave) a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean Mommies are allowed to take baths?? I've resorted to sneaking a shower in at 10:00 at night when they've all finally left me alone. Even then I'm guaranteed a shriek or a pounding on the door---and most of mine are teenagers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm positive that husbands and children are completely incapable of leaving us be when we're in the bathtub, especially if they know we're trying to escape them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you had a few minutes to yourself.

    I love the image of everyone together, splashing around. Did DH join the party?

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Susie--hmm, DH kept away, he knows when he's onto a good thing and bath duty is usually his :)

    ReplyDelete