Thursday, January 26, 2006

Country Music Fan


Artist/Band: Nichols Joe
Lyrics for Song:
Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off
Lyrics for Album:
III

SHE SAID i'M GOING OUT WITH MY GIRLFRIENDS
MAGUARITAS AT THE HOLIDAY INN
OH MERCY...MY ONLY THOUGHT
WAS TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF

I TOLD HER PUT AN EXTRA LAYER ON
I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SHE DRINKS PATRON
HER CLOSETS MISSING HALF THE THINGS SHE BOUGHT
TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF

CH....SHE'LL START BY KICKING OUT OF HER SHOES
LOSE AN EARRING IN HER DRINK
LEAVE HER JACKET IN THE BATH ROOM STALL
DROP A CONTACT DOWN THE SINK

THEM PANTYHOSE AIN'T GONNA LAST TOO LONG
IF THE D J PUTS BON JOVI ON
SHE MIGHT COME HOME IN A TABLECLOTH
TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF

SOLO

SHE CAN HANDLE ANY CHAMPAIGNE BRUNCH
BRIDAL SHOWER WITH BACARDI PUNCH
JELLO SHOOTERS FULL OF SMIRNOFF...
BUT TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF

CHORUS

SHE DON'T MEAN NOTHING
SHE'S JUST HAVING FUN
TOMORROW SHE'LL SAY
OH WHAT HAVE I DONE
HER FRIENDS WILL JOKE ABOUT THE STUFF SHE LOST
CAUSE TEQUILA MAKES HER CLOTHES FALL OFF

Check out Cowboy Lyrics


That song makes me laugh!!! I have been a country music fan since I was about 13 years old. Me and Deb would go hang out and listen to Dolly Parton's Greatest Hits and I also had this compilation album that someone bought me. Anyway it had lots of Glenn Campbell on it and all the other old country favs. Then when I lived in Canada in 95-98 I discovered 'new' country. And I still love it. Hard to admit for a girl who grew up in the UK where the music is so 'hap'nin'.

When we were in Florida, I found a good country station and that's where I heard this song :)
Love it. He's pretty handsome too, especially when he gives a little eyebrow wiggle in the vid.

What's your secret obsession???

15 comments:

  1. If I told you it wouldn't be a secret *g*

    I like "new" country - really can't stand the old stuff (like Conway Twitty, etc.) We have lots of great country stations here in Texas *ggggg*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Toni I've just lost my street cred!! LOL. I remember that album it had a rocking chair on the front didn't it - was it Country Friends or something like that? Like Shania Twain, Joss Stone and Blue Rodeo (thanks for that introduction...)

    Yes, the bloke is pretty darn sexy.

    Knitting scarves is my new secret obsession. It seems so uncool, but modern wool is so funky and I keep getting requests to knit more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This man does not look like his voice sounds, but I must admit, both are quite handsome. And there's an eyebrow wiggle somewhere in the video? I'll have to see if I can catch it somewhere. I *love* eyebrow wiggles. :D

    And I love the lyrics to this song. Nothing serious, just a have-a-good-time, tap your toes kind of tune. Just what we all need now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve--I need to know all your bad habits!

    Deb--street cred--what's that? I have a ball of wool for you! From a famous author :) I'll have to post it off, except now I can't see it??? Hmm. Yes, that album had a rocking chair or something hokey on the front--it was good though :)

    Meretta--it's a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what - you have a ball of wool from Barbara Cartland! ROTFL.

    I've listened to the Tequila song now, nice - just needs speeding up a bit.... :-]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thhhhhhhhh :p

    Sorry - let me get you a towel now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb--it's supposed to by slow and lazy. Barbara Cartland? You dare to mention her name in an environment full of modern romance writers?? Where are my pearls?? My wool is from Deb[bie] Macomber. A very famous and lovely lady. Honest. If I could just find the bugger!

    Eve--drooling is appropriate for the insane. No worries. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara Cartland (snort, snort)Georgette Heyer (giggle, giggle).

    No the towel was for you - I just can't type a razz very well.

    Blue moon ...

    Oh, I have another blog - what I'll do with it I don't know but there were a few people I wanted to visit who only had a blogger sign in (Brandy was one) so I did it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't follow country music. Sorry, however the guy IS cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a good friend who passed away a little over a year ago - and she loved SEP and was always after me to read her. So to honor her and to appease the anonymous one I vow that sometime within the next few months I will read SEP. There, it's in writing. On your blog so I can't remove it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hugs on you friend Eve. How sad.

    Now you listen to me. Email me your address and I'll send you something. You might hate it afterall and I'd feel bad if I'd made you buy it. That way you can read it whenever you eventually feel like it! Like maybe NEVER :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Bully,

    I can borrow them for free from the bookstore - really! Any book that's in the store I can borrow. BUT if you want to send me a book I won't stop you. *g*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel silly now - I thought the famous author was you, hence my witty repertoire..... Why did she give you a ball of wool - i'm intreagued?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eve--Okey Dokey

    Deb--giggle--me??? I would never see myself in that way!! She gave out a ball of wool at the National RWA conference. It was linked to her book 'A good Yarn' and I think she was urging everyone to make a square for a charity blanket. Needless to say... I'll have to look it out, can't be too far away? Maybe in my art box? Hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welsh Princes - way cool!

    ReplyDelete