Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Eve tagged me


What were you doing ten years ago?

January 1996. I was in the throes of my first Canadian winter in Ontario. Enjoying the novel sensation of my nostril hairs freezing together and pulling sharply when I breathed in. Then, when my eyes watered from the pain, the tears would freeze into crystals on my lashes.

What were you doing one year ago?
January 2005. Ha ha ha. If only I'd known that Manitoba was so much freaking colder than Ontario before I agreed to leave my beloved Scotland for the second time and move (again) to Canada. Last year I was trying to cope with a two year old and a four year old in temperatures that would freeze the brassballs off a monkey.


Five snacks you enjoy.

· Choc chip cookies

· Crisps (chips to you guys)

· Digestive biscuits

· Grapes

· Any chocolate (it is so hard to get variety into your diet).


Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.

· Yesterday (The Beatles)

· Ant Rap (Adam Ant)

· 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)

· Born to Run (Bruce)

· The night Paddy Murphy died (Great Big Sea)


Five things you would do if you were a millionaire

· Buy a beach house in Scotland (not sure which coast)

· Start funds for kids education

· Install Geothermal heating

· Fly my parents over for a visit

· Tour North America (not singing BTW)


Five bad habits

· Not exercising enough

· Nagging DH

· Shouting at kids

· Perfectionism

· You don't want to know the others....


Five things you like doing

· Writing

· Reading

· Walking

· Drawing & painting

· Watching movies


Five things you would never wear or buy again

· High heels

· Drainpipe jeans

· Octopi

· Green pixie boots

· Bikini

Five favorite toys

· Digital camera

· CD player

· Computer

· Whackamole

· Sleds


Five people I’m tagging (5???)
  • Kendra
  • Meretta
  • Peggy
  • Tanya
  • Mary

12 comments:

  1. You're not going to sing when you tour North America - darn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can empty a packed house in seconds!!

    If I could sing as well as be so otherwisedly multitalented, I'd even have to hate myself (and I can't be bothered :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, could come in handy in case of a fire *g*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know - I think the reason I think you haven't written a blog entry that day is that sometimes you put them out the night before and I read them then - like I did this one last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. But I date it for the right day, so it works out one entry per day--otherwise you'd be bored stiff sweety!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been such a hard decision, to move from Scotland to Canada. I don't think I could have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Needs must as the devil drives and all that! Canada is good too :)

    I'm not here--I'm working--honest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't tag me? Or do you just have too many friends? Or is it....no, forget that...how did you come from Scotland anyway? And did I tell you that aside from establishing my grandfather's birth certificate in Scotland, I found a live third cousin living in Ayreshire the other day? Very cool! I could get dual citizenship!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dragonfly I didn't know you were back blogging!!! Good stuff!!

    Came for work, both times. Fish biologists are popular over here. And you didn't tell me about the cousin--that's great. I have not a single drop of Scottish blood in my veins, but it was home for 12 years and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Toni, I'm memory challenged, but I shall give it a try. Give me something to write tomorrow.

    Talking about Canadian winters, okay sorta, yesterday I picked up this old magazine that had a "Canadian Trivia" questionaire. Amazingly I did really well - Patriot Par Excellence - though I guessed through most of the questions. Anyway, one of them was:

    "What is so special about Winnipeg's famous intersection of Portage Avenue and Main Street?"

    Choices were:

    1) It's the coldest place in Canada
    2) the windiest place in Canada

    I thought of you up there in Winterpeg and nearly chose 1) but 2) was actually the correct answer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peggy, I would have known that!!!

    Seriously windy in places, LOL. They should build a big windbreak right around us--and put a net over the top to keep out the mossies!

    I bet the coldest place is yellowknife. Always looks bloody cold there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They have beach houses in Scotland? ;)

    Another Adam Ant fan!

    ReplyDelete