What were you doing ten years ago?
January 1996. I was in the throes of my first Canadian winter in Ontario. Enjoying the novel sensation of my nostril hairs freezing together and pulling sharply when I breathed in. Then, when my eyes watered from the pain, the tears would freeze into crystals on my lashes.
What were you doing one year ago?
January 2005. Ha ha ha. If only I'd known that Manitoba was so much freaking colder than Ontario before I agreed to leave my beloved Scotland for the second time and move (again) to Canada. Last year I was trying to cope with a two year old and a four year old in temperatures that would freeze the brassballs off a monkey.
Five snacks you enjoy.
· Choc chip cookies
· Crisps (chips to you guys)
· Digestive biscuits
· Any chocolate (it is so hard to get variety into your diet).
Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.
· Yesterday (The Beatles)
· Ant Rap (Adam Ant)
· 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton)
· Born to Run (Bruce)
· The night Paddy Murphy died (Great Big Sea)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire
· Buy a beach house in Scotland (not sure which coast)
· Start funds for kids education
· Install Geothermal heating
· Fly my parents over for a visit
· Tour North America (not singing BTW)
Five bad habits
· Not exercising enough
· Nagging DH
· Shouting at kids
· You don't want to know the others....
Five things you like doing
· Drawing & painting
· Watching movies
Five things you would never wear or buy again
· High heels
· Green pixie boots
Five favorite toys
· Digital camera
· CD player
Five people I’m tagging (5???)