Thursday, January 19, 2006

On the loose

I have been invited for cocktails at a friend's house Saturday night. DH has been invited to a whiskey tasting in the friend's husband's converted garage. Considering it is -20C, I know where I'd rather be :D

So I'm going out...for the first time in...hmmm...well it is the first time we've had a sitter since last April and the second time I've been out on my own since then (not including shopping :). How sad am I????

Not that we don't have a social life, she scrambles to assure everyone she isn't a 'nae mates, sad b*****d' as they are affectionately known in Scotland--it is just our social life usually involves the kids.

Please God don't give me a hangover--I'm too old for that!!

So, we're stepping out, baby.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As an aside I still have poop issues. My bitch (I mean that literally) was eating frozen poop in the garden?? My son emptied his poopy potty down the toilet, but missed??? I found more mouse poop in the spare room. Why am I surrounded by poop??

As an another aside--never leave pear juice on the table where your DH might pick it up and drink a whole pint--not good.

12 comments:

Loreth Anne White said...

LOL, Toni ... it won't be God's fault if you get a hangover :) :)

Enjoy!! You deserve to let rip once in a while

Toni Anderson said...

LOL Loreth--I know but I'm sure there's karma and cosmic forces involved somewhere!!!

I forgot about Reno. I did get away for a whole week to put my feet up in Reno :D

Dragonfly47 said...

Toni, you deserve to shake it out to celebrate Venus Slipper! Did you even go out for dinner after you signed your contract? And you can always make sure you have a bottle of white wine in the house for "hair of the dog", you know...:)

Eve said...

Oh go have fun and throw caution to the wind - it's not like you do it every Saturday night?

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing about the poop. My poor Toni ...

Toni Anderson said...

Hey--poop is overtaking my life!!

I'll throw caution to the breeze maybe :) Control freak!

We didn't go out when I signed the contract, but we had our trip to Florida which made up for it :)

Meretta said...

Yes. We mustn't forget Reno where we you drank a whole glass of wine while standing in line to get into the awards ceremony. You wild thing, you! ;)

I haven't had to use this in many years...but here is my anti-hangover recipe:

Extra strength tylenol/aspiri/advil and 2 huge glasses of water before going to bed. Repeat as needed upon waking.

Or throw up lots. ;)

Toni Anderson said...

LOL Meretta--a technicolor image :)

A whole glass of wine? Me??

Kendra Clark said...

WOOOOHOOO! Have fun, Toni!

Deb said...

Warmth and cocktails or whiskey? That would be a difficult one for a malt loving kinda chick - could they do whiskey in the warm!!?

A glass of water after every alcoholic drink (or aswell as) generally does the trick too.

Have fun....... xx

kb said...

Inspired MR and i are going to meet for cocktails. Let us know which you recommend. Look forward to hearing all about it

Toni Anderson said...

Deb, you can keep the whiskey :P

Karen--when, where! I wanna come too!!!

kb said...

At my place, hopefully soon, if you can't make it we will do it again the summer.