Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday

Usually Tuesday is a writing day (well when Kindergarten kicks in), but today I'm actually entering the fray and have volunteered to be the class helper. My DD is actually excited--which makes a change from her being the only two and a half year old ever to cry because her mother stayed at playgroup.

But I have a cunning plan for the morning. It might involve bribery, coloring, or if I get desperate a movie, but just maybe I can get this scene finished that is driving me nuts. Chapter 10 Storm Warning is about to expand by a good chunk. I need to add action, introduce sympathy for my characters, maybe a little sinister danger too. This is a huge opportunity that I skimmed over when I wrote this story as an intrigue--all that science stuff needs to be introduced in laymans terms. And I need the start of some serious sexual tension.

A difficult chapter to get right--but I bet it is a lot easier than spending the afternoon helping out in Kindergarten :)

7 comments:

  1. Ah, there you are - I came by earlier and just saw the goldfish.

    Helping out at school, huh? I have nothing to say about that one. *g*

    Ooooh, sounds like you're getting to the good parts. (rubbing hands together)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could probably do the kindergarten thing if it was, um, once in a lifetime. *grin* My daughter loves it when I come to visit her class, though.

    I find writing suspense hard and I'm not sure when that all started. My books have always had an element of suspense to them, but lately, it seems like I freeze up when I start to write those types of scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a ball at the school. If only they were so well behaved at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually worked at a preschool once *shudder*. It's fun to visit, but quite enough to spend all day with them. Then again, I homeschool my 10 year old so, maybe if they belong to you its better. Glad to hear your writing is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, they survived, er, you survived them. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone survived!! I didn'r kill anyone or swear all afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But you thought about it, didn't you - come on, 'fess up. *g*

    ReplyDelete