Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Karen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to Karen
Happy Birthday to Karen
Happy Birthday Dear Kaaaaarrrreeeennnnn
Happy Birthday to you!!!

Sorry the card never got posted. Sorry the Scots got thrashed (I mean beat) the other day!!!! Here are some of your boys.








Interesting Toni Anderson Life Fact: I used to live on Kenny Logan's parent's farm. I doubt even Kenny knew that :) In fact I recall this rather notorious party we had there. Three of us lived in this terrible cold gray house. Myself, Frank Fortune and Mark Jennison (gosh I think that was his surname). Each of us had marine biology degrees from different universities and we each had different post-graduate qualifications again from different universities. It was a really surreal party. We were in the middle of nowhere and one of us would answer the door to someone we knew, but hadn't seen for years. All these incestuous connections between marine biologists that proved the world really is a very small place.

16 comments:

  1. PS. -35C as I write this. Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. I'm a guy, but Kenny is a stud. He doesn't have any problems finding a date on Friday night, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenny married a very beautiful TV presenter called Gabby Yoreth, and after IVF treatment now have twins.

    He does seem to have it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Karen! You have excellent taste in men. :)

    And we're at -20C this morning, Toni. Your numbers are impressive, but I'll take mine thanks. ;)

    And indeed it is a very small world, getting smaller by the minute with all the technological advances.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We dropped to about -38C with windchill but have warmed up to -33C. Better remember to plug the car in later. BTW Meretta, we are both part of an Arctic vortex! Doesn't that sound creepy? I did notice YellowKnife was colder than Winnipeg--the only city in the world!!! I must check out Vladivostock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those guys are very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Arctic Vortex, huh? Look at us! We're special. And COLD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday.

    What are you doing partying with 2 guys on a farm? Hmmm...?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think there was more like 60 people at this party. Everyone had to stay over because we were in the middle of nowhere and everyone got plastered. DH was in bed by 9 pm, my bestfriend tried to throw me in the bath and DH didn't even hear my screams.

    Oh yeah--and the drains blocked up. Disgusting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is this where I get to tell you it was 80 degrees today?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, and tomorrow too - but then an arctic cold front comes in and we won't climb out of the 40s - yes, 40 above, but it's still cold to Texans!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I said to Texans! I have northern blood in me - in fact, if it were just me in this house I'd have the heat turned off. When I was younger (read less allergies AND safer neighborhood) I used to sleep with the windows open in 30 degree weather WITH fans going! Wimp indeed!

    ReplyDelete