Sunday, February 19, 2006

Hopelessly Romantic


My husband is a romantic. I know this, not because of the roses I got on Valentine's Day, not because of his dedication--even on my fat grumpy days. I know it because of what he said to me this week regarding my neighbor.

She's a wonderful woman, a widow, full of vitality and life, but her partner has just left her.
Instead of the usual thoughts, my husband asked me in a very serious tone, "Do you think Bob has some terrible disease and has left her so that Betty doesn't have to go through losing another man?"

He should read or write category romance, the big lump :)

10 comments:

  1. If only all men were that sensitive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, how sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is cute. What a way of thinking. My dh would never think that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness. That is so sweet! My Dh would have looked at me and asked me who she was. (he's clueless)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good man is hard to find Toni! And just look at how lucky you are to have one. Definitely a sweetheart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now there's a guy that thinks outside the box. What an idea! By the way, I would have assumed the normal motives, but I did buy a dozen roses for my wife on Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL--well I am keeping him :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite a comment from your DH! I doubt my hubby would ever think of something like that. :)

    ReplyDelete