Saturday, February 25, 2006

Must Love Dogs

Dh and I watched this movie last weekend. We both really liked it, but I did notice a decided lack of real spark between the two main characters.

I was sitting there thinking, these guys are really good actors because they look like they may be falling in love and yet... I sense no real passion. Then again I'm no expert on acting. (Really?)

What did everyone else think?

Actually there was more spark with the wooden and goofy looking Dermott Mullroney (sp??) than with the very handsome Mr Cusack. Maybe it was because Diane Lane looks a bit (tiny bit) like his sister? Hmm.

Anyway, I liked the movie but it wasn't Casablanca.

9 comments:

  1. I really liked this movie as well. I'm a big John Cusack fan anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it yet ... but I'd spark with Dermott Mulroney any time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Dermot MUCH better. In the movie. Not always. The movie was not very romancy, like I expected, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen it yet, tho in my house any relationship movie with a couple over the age of thirty is considered ewy. Took me forever to finally get Somethings Gotta Give---which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna see that movie - just haven't gotten around to it

    Pride and Prejudice comes out Tuesday - and while I like the A&E version better (Have it in VHS and DVD) I can't wait to get the new one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peggy--take control of the TV!!!!!

    Dennie--ohhhh. I haven't bought an adult DVD ever--but P&P might just tempt me :) And I love the Colin Firth version best too--I assume that is what you meant?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Didn't my boys do well!
    Hope you are feeling better
    Lots of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen--your boys rocked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES! that's the one w/ Colin Firth (love, love, love it!)

    ReplyDelete