Saturday, February 18, 2006

Shopping--shoot me now


I went to the mall this morning with my nearly six-year old daughter. Ughh! I've never really taken her shopping for clothes before because we always got clothes handed on from friends. However it was finally time!

Never shop with a child . Parts of it were wonderful, trying on clothes, realizing she's actually grown out of aged 2-3 vests--yeay! Parts of it were bloody awful. Spotting the toy section in Sears--Polly and Barbie, 'I want, I want.' Me trying not to screech in public :/

Sigh. Not the best mother in the world, but not the worst either. :(

We did do GREAT in the sales for both her and her brother, and she insisted on wearing her new jeans out of the store. Even got her a dress for her uncle's wedding in September. I love buying everything at half price and was so happy that we went to the bookstore and I celebrated by buying Allison Brennan's The Prey (she's a fellow KODer and this is her debut).

14 comments:

  1. "The Prey" is excellent. I really enjoyed it. I have "The Hunt" but I'm trying to clear out my TBR pile before I tackle it.

    I took my daugther shopping for school clothes this year (she was quite six) and it was a pain. She seemed to gravitate towards the most exepensive items in the store and then there were the toys. My son is easy. He wears sweat pants everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I have only been the child shopping and never the one with a child - sorry I have nothing to compare it with. But it sounds like you did great on the sales! Hard day at work - real hard day. Weather has my arthritis stirred up - I'm one mass of pain tonight, so I'm going to go put my feet up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rene--that's good to know about The Prey. Boys and clothes--much easier. As long as my son isn't too hot or too cold he's happy.

    Eve--I saw snow in Dallas!!! Aow! Hope the pain goes away soon. Can't you take something? Gin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it only gets worse. My Daughter is 10 and DRIVES ME CRAZY when we go shopping for clothes. As for sales, I never seem to find anything good in the stores, which is why I thank goodness for T.J. Maxx and Marshalls! Be sure to breathe deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try shopping with three. The two girls always gang up on the boy and the boy punches and aggrevates them when I'm not looking and someone's ALWAYS hungry or has to go potty.

    Glad you found some great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope - but I'm going to try a margarita later :) A little better today, but still achy, especially the fingers, so will keep blogging light today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandy, Kendra! It's downhill from here then?

    I can't shop with the two of them, DS just runs off and plays hell. DD sees something pink and turns into materialistic Barbie.

    Eve--put your fingers up (so to speak). Give them a break!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sympathize with the shopping with children. The smaller the worst. But that's too cute she had to wear her new jeans out of the store. Fashion conscious already!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So which finger am I supposed to put up?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Toni! Thank you so much for picking up THE PREY! I appreciate it . . . hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Allison, I totally enjoyed it and can't wait to pick up the next two--kudos to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:44 am

    best regards, nice info
    »

    ReplyDelete