Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Storm Warning

I'm getting into the zone. I gave myself till the end of March to get this draft done, so I am bound and determined to do it. I get a few hours to write today so I'm going no email and no internet--wish me luck.

I have to get back into my character POV. Sorcha the bird researcher with untapped psychic powers. Ben the hydrophobic undercover DEA agent.

I keep losing him because he's fallen in love. How does a tough guy act when he's never been in love before? He gets too girly sometimes--but that's OK for now.










I find if I have a Ben-scene-session and work through his POV scenes (ala SEP) I can catch when I turn wonder-hero into wonder-wuss.

At least I think I can. Wish me luck!!!

12 comments:

  1. Get to writing sweetie - me want another book (cyber pulling you by your hair caveman like into cave of writing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say, Toni, and I mean this as no diss to Suz, but I was reading HER SANCTUARY last night on the Dana and when my eyes started to tire I switched to HARVARD'S EDUCATION in paperback...and I went back to HER SANCTUARY even though my eyes were tired. Yours was just so much more descriptive and alive. Thanks for the great read, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Good luck with STORM WARNING and keeping Ben in line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...if you want people to read your posts, you should not put a picture of Eric Bana anywhere near. I saw that picture and your post turned to a big gray blob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rene. My post IS a grey blob next to Mr Bana.

    Meretta--you jest, but thank you. Me and Suz :) But THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just printed off the next lot of chapters for a bit of bed time reading - there is quite a time difference here afteral... Bye the way thanks for the email, doh was I not meant to mention you lapsed. lol (it was short and it was important!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey it was an official matter!! And if you'd responded yesterday I wouldn't have lapsed. So there. Oops. Lapsed again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. With Eric Bana by her side, you can do anything!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So how'd the writing go?

    ReplyDelete