Sunday, April 16, 2006

Soooooooooo...

I'm having a sloooowwww weekend. Nothing happening on the writing front. House seriously in need of a clean and I have discovered fresh evidence of mice :(

SO I went and bought new mouse poison (X). And though I looked for Don't Look Down by Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer, it wasn't in Walmart, so I couldn't even cheer myself up with that, not that I'm down but it would have been a great excuse :)

As an aside (related in a convoluted way). My DH was reading Storm Warning (swoon now--I'll catch you), and he suggested I insert the word 'so' for something my hero was thinking/saying. Now I've been told that the word 'so' is used more by females and have cut it ruthlessly from my male POV characters.

What is the deal? My very male husband thinks in 'so' language. Is this because he's Irish???

10 comments:

  1. He's Irish - he can't be wrong. The Irish are never wrong. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie Eve!!! I swore she winked at me when she first came up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you - I was a charmer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is SO Irish.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know females used that word more often. Never noticed. I know I use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I argued once w/ my hubby about my make character. He said, "a guy wouldn't act like that." and I said, "But that's how I want a guy to act."

    He never commented on it again....

    ReplyDelete
  7. that should be MALE - sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm...I use "so" a lot, as in when hubby says, "I'm hungry" and I reply "so what." I don't think my dh uses the word too much. I try not to listen to him too much because his conversation usually revolves around cars and sports.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soo--no one else has been told this is a girly word to use huh? Where did I pick up that tidbit?

    My ladies can think and say 'so'. My men are not premitted to say it though it can slip through LOL. I find when trying to create different voices for males and females sometimes the little things help.

    ReplyDelete