Friday, May 05, 2006

Don't Look Down--Living the dream :)

I haven't read this yet. I will! I LOVE Jennifer Crusie's books and I like the look of Bob's books (plus I think we're related via the Irish Doherty ancestors :D JOKE). I know Brandy has read it--what did you think Brandy??? Brandy, Meretta and I are CherryBombers on Bob & Jens' blog :) If I could just get those babes promoting me I'd be famous LOL!!!

PLUS... Bob did an interview for Skirt magazine? Check out the photo (which I think is terrible because he's really a good looking man).

PS. Check out this auction in aid of TheMicheleFund. Hand knitted stuff by JC :) Research books (history), and other great stuff.

Don't Look Down--the blurb

Two national bestselling authors, Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer, team up for a hilarious, whirlwind adventure: She's the straight-talker, he's the straight-shooter, and Don't Look Down is a straight-up winner.

Don't Look Down is a marriage of romance and action story, written by two experts in the genres. Jenny Crusie writes Lucy Armstrong, a film director with family problems--why is her sister so depressed, her niece so unhappy, and her ex-husband so intent on getting her back--and career problems--why is the star so determined to do his own stunts, the ingenue so determined to seduce the stunt double, and that Green Beret stunt double so damn attractive? Bob Mayer writers J. T. Wilder, a Green Beret who has his own troubles including the goofball actor he's doubling for, the stunt coordinator who's gunning for him (literally), and the director who looks like Wonder Woman and keeps distracting him from his mission. And that's before the CIA, the Russian mob, and the one-eyed alligator show up.

A book about real men, real women, and real gators, Don't Look Down is the perfect blend of he said/she said, excitement and romance, Mayer and Crusie.

14 comments:

  1. Toni, I personally really liked the book. But, if you're looking for a classic Crusie, there are elements in the book that are hers, and elements that are Bob's. Just what you'd expect from a collaboration. I can say that they definitely have a common ground in their sense of humor. Snarky to the limit!! I read it in such a rush, so soon I am goig to sit down and savor it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy that is the fastest response EVER!! You are a rocket! Haven't even finished tweaking the colors LOL!! I'm looking forward to it (as you know). Reading my Daphne entries right now, being a good judge!! Honest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's our Brandy - quick on the draw *g*

    I'm still thinking about it. I love Crusie, but I haven't been that happy with the last couple of things she's done. I dunno. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cross your fingers because she is supposedly going to do a sequel (or rather a spinoff) of Fast Women! I LOVE, LOVE , LOVED that book. That's neat that you get to judge entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read it yet either. Doing the good judge thing, too, but I'm working on my last one *and* out of the 4 I got, I found a new autobuy author. It was that good!! And then I get to dive in to J&B and my new Barbara Samuel!! Oh happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meretta-wow a must buy! Wonderful. I confess I haven't really liked all the category books I got.

    Just ordered Barbara from the library on your recommendation, plus she was SO lovely at the PRO retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I feel all sort of left out and can't comment cos I haven't read the book. Man in skirt...? Man in silky skirt with trainers..? WHAT is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deb, Jennifer Crusie is a lovely writer and maybe if I remember I'll bring 'Welcome to Temptation" home with me in August.

    Poor guy--he was MADE to wear that skirt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to look for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI. This is the first time I've checked out your blog. I'm an aspiring romance writer. I've never read one of Crusies books but I want to pick this one up. It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, I this weird proprietary feeling about this book--not that I own it, but like I'm one of its aunties and I really want it to succeed!

    Kelley--nice to see you hear--where are you from??

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in Southern California. I've only been here about a year and a half. I'm from Southern Oregon! Big change!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelley, the US is such a big country! I hope you've made lots of new friends where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE Crusie and this book was just awesome. Really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete