Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Story Magic


I haven't been achieving much balance lately, with family, writing and everything else.

With the long weekend it has been family time, lots of time spent with DH and the kids, which has been really nice. But I have been thinking and yesterday I finally sat down and brainstormed for 3 hours and, using Discovering Story Magic, got my major characters nailed down in terms of strengths and weaknesses and hopefully how those weaknesses tie together with the villain and how the H/h finally overcome those weaknesses and work together to defeat Mr Nasty.

This is Josie and Marshs' story from Her Sanctuary and it is going to be a serial killer plot. I haven't worked out the details, but it should tie together her backstory in HS and get Marsh into more and more trouble when he has to confess to a few things that don't quite go with his 'by the book' image.. it's coming together in my head and on paper. I've even been thinking about my soundtrack--no country this time, which I'll miss. More Avril Lavigne and Robbie Williams.

What have you been doing?

10 comments:

  1. I've been sewing tunics for ancient Egyptian gods and helping my son with his science fair project.

    I might get to do some writing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, serial killer. Intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you! I maidled a partial off to Harlequin and sent my editor at Samhain a full - I am taking a break today an tomorrow - but then whammo - I am going to get cracking - provided the computer ...well y'know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last night I watched "Arsenic and Old Lace" and made a stained glass kitty with my daughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds like your starting to really get to it!! As for here? Well, I'm thinking of locking my Dh in the entryway closet until he finishes tiling it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rene--Egyptian Gods? Wow. I find even baking a push :)

    Eve--I want it to be intriguing and not run of the mill.

    Dennie--good for you!!

    Melissa-oh that sounds great!!

    Brandy--I am getting into it. I just need space so I can murder people in peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been doing laundry and unpacking form our trip. not fun - but i am excited about my new meme Tackle It Tuesday to at least bring some blogging fun to household tasks.

    your book sounds great...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Janice. I hate unpacking! DH and I always do it immediately when we get home. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you actually take the Discovery Story Magic workshop, Toni? And serial killers are always so good and creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the tapes Laurie. Taken me a year to get to them as I could only play them on the computer and they distracted me from writing. Now I have my new MP3 player I've been winging through them :)

    ReplyDelete