Friday, June 16, 2006

A Cunning Plan


Just posting between thunder storms.
Yesterday wasn't very productive. I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to bind and gag my daughter so I'm thinking up a project. First idea I had was trying to get her started on a kids book. I have always wanted to write one (and I wrote 2 dumb stories a couple of years ago). I even did a whole bunch of fish illustrations. The main problem with kids stories is theme I believe. :) And content-wise serial killers and mobsters are probably a no-no.

So I'm thinking of writing a couple of pages and getting her to draw pictures on those mornings I've dedicated to writing LOL. Use low brain power concepts which are right up my alley.

My second plan is to write 2 new BH pages everday--one of my biggest flaws is perfectionism and reworking things to death. My cunning plan should at least keep the writing moving even on those days that aren't 'writing' days.


What are your writing goals???

Blade Hunter 46/320 pages (9,589/80,000 words)

10 comments:

  1. My goal? Finish the darn book!
    *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well--that is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni - I have a very important email I need to send you - what's your addy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, it is tonianderson @ shaw.ca
    no spaces. Sounds intriguing :)
    My email is down right now. I think the storm must have done something, so hopefully it'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had already answered this, but then I remembered that I was reading it this morning right before mom got up and had to quit to tend to her. See, sometimes I just think I've posted.

    Writing goals. Right now it's just to write, to get this room put back together and write ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eve--nothing like getting your space sorted for maximum writing potential :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goal? Keep my head together and get synopsis finished and then the partial. Oh, and figure out a GREAT title! Can't figure out why nothing's coming to me....usually the title comes first, and then the premise. So, you had bad thunderstorms too? I thought they'd never stop here, and apparently that's the way of Saskatchewan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the syn Laurie. The title will come to you I am sure. Run a competition for ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. FINISH THE DARN BOOK BEFORE I GO CROSS-EYED!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This from my CP? Man you are so going to regret those words :)

    ReplyDelete