Friday, June 09, 2006

Richard Sharpe

Blogger is being bad so apologies for no comments on people's blogs for the last 2 days.

I just heard back from BBC Canada and they have no plans to buy the Sharpe series over here--boohoohoo.

I have seen most of them--maybe missed the last two and I can borrow them from the library, but it just isn't the same. I started watching the series at home in Shropshire in 1993.

You know I'm a big fan of Sean Bean, and this is my favourite role of his. Not only is he great, but so are the stories (based on Bernard Cornwell's books) and the rest of the cast are just brilliant. The music, setting, character arcs, intrigue, tight breeches, all add to the production of a wonderful show.

If you like drama or history this series is for you :)

OK--well, that's me. Living with the disappointment and figuring I'll just have to suffer.

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, Toni. DH's grandad *adores* Sharpe, too and he gets the series in B.C.

    Have you looked into other programming that might carry the show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOhh--Meretta, no I haven't. Never thought. LOL--I will scour the networks. Ask Grandad will you?? Did he know they've just done a new one???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni! I ADORE Sean Bean and loved the Sharpe series - especially the ones set in Spain. Thanks for your visit and your good wishes. The horrible truth is starting to sink in but I'm not going to let this illness defeat me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Sharpe series! I haven't seen all of them. Sean Bean is perfect for this role.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to see it. Bebo can see it, but it's on a channel we don't get and her VCR is not digital cable equipped (no stations above a certain number). She keeps telling me about the series - I keep telling her I hate her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen this. It's offered in the US? Hmm, looks interesting. I may do my own research to see if we can get it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sean Bean too. I haven't seen this show either, I wonder what channel would carry it in the U.S? Will have to research it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH, just found it on BBC America. Better go set the Tivo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well if anyone sees it in Canada let me know will you??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. BBC America - that's what Bebo watches it on. I've never seen it but would like to. He looks really yummy in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh!! Thanks for those lovely pics. I've seen all the Sharpe episodes (except the new one but I don't think it's hit the US yet) and I'm slowly collecting them on DVD. Great role, great stories, and Sean.... (sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous man! Saw this show a while back, very good. Don't think I saw the whole thing though, it was on late at night.

    ReplyDelete