Saturday, June 17, 2006

Romance Junkies review

OK, please don't think I am me me me, but I am soooo excited!! I got another wonderful review and wanted to post it. Maybe I should explain why these are such a big deal to me.

I only look for reviews about once a week--and how sad to be googling yourself at 38 years of age, huh? But being a new author it takes a while for someone to actually want to review your book, you know? Like going to the bookstore and thinking shall I buy the new Suzanne Brockmann as I adore the very ground she walks on, or shall I take a risk and buy this debut novel by a total unknown who might be crap? Well nine times out of ten people go for a known author right and that guaranteed blast of feel good factor?

When I see a new review a tiny portion of me shrivels inside. And I do what I used to do before I threw myself over the side of a dive boat (because I was terrified)--I close off my mind. Go on total automatic and don't let myself absorb anything until I skim it and see if they liked it or not. Then I have a heart attack either way.

So I am very grateful for everyone who takes a chance on me, from Pop, to my buddy Dave in Nfld, Meretta, Susan, Dee, Judith, Lisa, Eve... and all those other people I know who've bought it. I really appreciate it.

Thank YOU!!!




Blue Ribbon Rating: 4.5

FBI agent Elizabeth “Eliza” Ward thrived in her work for the Fine Art and Forgeries Division. She jumps at the chance when asked to be part of the Organized Crime Unit. Her assignment of going undercover and being introduced to the world surrounding mob boss Andrew DeLattio turns her life upside down. Eliza thought she was safe from his clutches when she is reassigned to another case. Her drink is spiked at a local Christmas party. She awakens and finds herself tied to her bed, where Andrew proceeds to brutally beat and rape her – leaving her for dead.

Andrew has turned states evidence and may be free soon. Burned out and exhausted, Eliza packs her Glock and heads for the peace and tranquility of Montana.

Eliza isn’t prepared for the shockwave of heat that radiates through her inner being as she shakes hands with cowboy, Nat Sullivan. His file stated that he gave up a promising career as a wildlife photographer for National Geographic. When his father died, he was forced to return home to help with the ranch.

The “working” vacation at the Triple H Ranch proves to be exactly what Eliza needs. For the first time in a very long time, she finds herself letting her guard down. That is, until she sees the fire burning in Nat’s seductive eyes. Is Nat the one who can break through the barrier that controls Eliza’s insecurities and fear? Will she be strong enough to leave him when the time comes?

Toni Anderson takes her readers on the treacherous journey of ranch life in the hills of deepest Montana. Eliza found HER SANCTUARY in many ways as she learned to trust and love through Nat’s tender encouragement. I can’t help but love a man that is not afraid to fight for what is rightfully his and cry when the tears of grief are needed. Ms. Anderson presents us with one fantastic story that has me wanting more.

By Romance Junkies Reviewer: Briana Burress

Click here to Buy this Book Now!

9 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

This is a great review. And don't feel embarrassed by posting them, a lot of authors do it. See, I don't think I'm that far off when I call you my FBA. :)

Sandra said...

Great review Toni, and don't feel bad about posting them, you have every right to be excited and happy about it. You've worked so hard for this and it's great to see the rewards :)

Kudos to you, I'm off to go buy the book :)
God Bless,
Sandra

Toni Anderson said...

Thank you Eve. FBA can mean many things, friend!

Sandra, thank you. The rewards are nice--I can't tell you how long and hard I worked on that first book!

Meretta said...

Great review, Toni! And well deserved! WAHOO!

So, I have a question...do you send out requests for your book to be reviewed, did your publisher or is it a happenstance kind of scenario?

Toni Anderson said...

The Publisher sends it out to 5-6 places automatically and sends the other review sites the blurb and they can request it. I get 5 free copies to send to reviewers.

At least that is how I think it works ;-)

Bailey Stewart said...

FBA = Future Bestselling Author and don't you forget it. *g*

Peggy said...

Congrats on the great review, Toni!

Laurie said...

Toni, this is a fantastic review! You deserve every word of it. Keep posting the reviews, here and on your website. I'd post it on CNN too, as other authors do - or at least provide a link to your blog/website for people to read it. It's called Blatant Self-Promotion! :)

Toni Anderson said...

Laurie...thanks :)