Thursday, July 27, 2006

Tagged

Mary F tagged me :)

1. When did you first start blogging and why?

After I moved to Canada--I thought it was a good way of keeping in touch with my friends, but actually ended up making a whole new set of buddies.

2. What don't you talk about?

Religion, politics, and I don't like to slag off anyone's books.

3. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?

I'm afraid so. Except I'm probably bossier!

4. How do you use blogging to build friendships?

Just by keeping up with peoples' daily lives (although I haven't been anywhere daily in ages).

5. How would you describe your writing style?

Errrr.... Blogwise--terrible :) I write the same way I think. Disjointed and pitiful. Storywise I think more about the flow and rhythm of words. I like to create a time and place and memorable characters.

I tag Meretta, Loreth, Bailey, Rene, Melissa

11 comments:

  1. Slagging another book would be throwing stones I think. However, if I hate a book I have to say it. I saw a horrible review of the stories published on deathlings, where my story is supposed to be up by now. I'm waiting to read something god-awful about mine. That will be my first test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott--I haven't had a bad review yet, but can imagine the sting. However, having listened to some of my fave writers say how it felt to be slated in major magazines, I also realize it doesn't really reflect the quality of the writing, just one person's response to it.

    Be brave. It is a bit like facing rejection. Let negative things slide off your back and use the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:50 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:50 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is okay to have your blog posts disjointed and non-linear. I like to get the feeling I'm speaking to the person blogging rather than reading what they are writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rene--I agree. None linear processes here, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, Toni - one reviewer's opinion is just an opinion, although depending who they work for supposedly it can carry alot of weight. Just like an editor's opinion is subjective and so is an agent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toni. Did you get spammed?

    And I agree about not slagging others. Do unto others...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? Did someone want you to play poker too?

    Great - thanks for the tag, really, because I needed something for Saturday's post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No poker--NO ONE LETS ME PLAY POKER ANYMORE :(

    ReplyDelete