Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wales


This is where we are off tomorrow. Portmadog. Hope the weather holds and the Welsh coast is balmy.

Wales has a different atmosphere to Scotland. Harder edged, but somewhat mystical. Like the fog would swallow you up and nobody would ever know.

My family name is derived from that of Welsh princes with the motto, 'to envy is to be inferior.' A sin of pride perhaps? Our coat of arms is a stag's head with an arrow through its neck. Considering my dad was quite the hunter in his day it is appropriate.

Here's to a safe adventure, take care yourselves :)

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture. I hope you'll have great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks absolutely beautiful. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture, Toni! Have fun.

    And I don't know, but it seems to me a little envy can be a spur to bigger and better things. The trick, I believe, is letting envy open your eyes to new horizons and goals for yourself and then letting it go so that it isn't destructive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Meretta said.

    And if you do see any fog, run. *gg*

    ReplyDelete
  5. The picture is beautiful! Hope you have a fun time and enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have so much to see. What a nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!

    This is my first time to your blog! Thanks for letting me stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beutiful, Toni. Gotta love the names in the neck to the woods, too. Portmadog -- now I'm wondering what it means, or where it hails from.

    Hope the weather did hold, and that you have/had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing! Hope to see more pics if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello everyone :D

    Hi Jessica, nice to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete