Saturday, August 05, 2006

We're here...

Trip was OK until we hit Gatwick. What should be a three hour trip took more than 5 hours. And after sitting in a plane all night we were toast, mouth-open-sleeping in the back of my dad's LPG converted jeep.

Anyway we are here and rested and I've seen ALL my immediate family (1 brother, 2 sisters, assorted partners, parents, grandad, 10 nieces & nephews and one great niece), which is a record :) They're all groovy.

My hometown hasn't changed, maybe a little greener than it was, my parents' garden lush and green from the hot summer. But I always feel like an outsider here, and felt that way even as a child.

Still woosy with some jetlag and need to start writing just a little bit to get my head in gear. Unfortuately this house is stuffed with antiques and I have to WATCH the children all the time. DS has already broken some things and made my father's notorious temper buzz. Not exactly a holiday. The upside is we are hopefully heading to a Welsh beach for a couple of days camping. I'll try and set up my camera tomorrow and give you an inside look :)

So guys...how are you :D

5 comments:

  1. How am I? Hot, hot, hot, hot - you know it's bad when the air and fans are going and you're still sweating. (It's 100 right now) Don't want to think, let alone write.

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh--that is hot!! Poor you. Cooler in the UK now. Thank goodness.

    I'm wearing socks would you believe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just got back from the lake - where it was terribly hot. And now I'm EXHAUSTED.

    I wish I was in England right now, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope tthe socks are a matching pair

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Pop.

    Glad to hear you've arrived safe and sound! Get some rest! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete