Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Saucy Fiction


I was going to compose a post on something writerly and now find jetlag is stealing my energy and making me want to hit the hay. I have been supermom for the last 2 days and deserve some R & R.

Instead I thought I'd share a little encounter I had at my brother-in-law's wedding.

Old Anderson family friend, a retired judge, comes over and says in his raspy Irish accent. "Sooo, I hear you've been writing saucy stories."

I stammer and blush and say, "Well that depends on your point of view, but yes I suppose I have."

He looks at me again, and I am completely unable to predict the direction this conversation is about to take...

"Is it fiction?" He asks.


DH didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

13 comments:

  1. I would have loved to seen the old judge's face if you had responded "no". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort*

    can't even imagine......LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLOL. That's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! That is too funny!

    Glad you're home, safe and sound. Hope the jetlag goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean it isn't fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm should I really be picturing DH with a cowboy hat and a big gun?! Stop it, stop it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :)

    It's all fiction :)

    Hey Deb, I think that's your own personal little fantasy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, heck - that was supposed to say "do you mean it's fiction?" (slowly tiptoeing back to my room for an obviously much needed nap) so hate it when I mess up a joke. See, you stay away for a while and I lose my comedic timing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I'd have freaked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bailey LOL. You haven't lost your comedic timing :)

    Brandy--it was a funny moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can just picture it. vbg. You didn't say what you actually replied. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more. Sorry, Monty Python moment there. Just read a blog that reminded me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know what colour my DH would've gone, and it would've been deeper than red! LOL! "Saucy stories!" Too good...

    ReplyDelete