Sunday, September 17, 2006

Thin Air



This week is the Winnipeg International Writers Festival Thin Air

It is a wonderful week of literary adventure and I'm hoping to catch something. But I have to admit that the lack of romance writers in the line up is very disappointing. However as a friend of mine organizes the whole event and as I love her dearly, I better not get too vocal about it :) Maybe next year ;-)

I'm a bit worried, that one day, she'll drag me onto center stage and get me to defend the genre against hordes of screaming poets (she's a poet). Of course, knowing what I know about poets and hordes I'll just point to the nearest bar and tell them the drinks are on me ;-)

7 comments:

  1. I love the name. Thin Air.

    I don't know any poets (at least professed ones), but I bet just about anyone would like a free drink. I'll have a lime margarita thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name, too ... but it does make me think of Mountains, not Winnipeg ;).

    Enjoy the week, Toni. And while you're buying ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. Your post has reminded me to book some events at the Cheltenham Festival of Literature. There are some writing workshops I'd like to attend. Have a good week, Toni. Make mine a Guinness. A cyber drink is the only one I'm allowed at the moment. Grrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok--I'll get them in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason Thin Air makes me think of Mt. Everest. I can't drink either, allergic, someone order something and desrcribe it to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm. There are some lovely chocolate cocktails. Must get some recipes out for Brandy :0

    Ironic huh? Being named after an alcoholic beverage and allergic to drink.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am longing for some sort of writing festival...

    ReplyDelete