Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Spoilers****

This was kind of a strange book. Firstly I love this woman's stories, but this was a little different from her usual set up--definitely not the norm. The pace was a little slower, but I felt I was better able to connect with the characters. I was intrigued by the idea that the heroine, a widow, had been totally ignoring a hot alpha male living right under her nose, and kind of de-masculating him in her mind. Now that was a fresh way of dealing with an evolving relationship ;)

The characterization was good, the romance was good. The only thing that was a little crazy was the plot, but you know what? For a good story I can suspend disbelief and I would recommend this book with a happy smile :)

Personally, yesterday was a good day. Wood arrived. A very nice man helped me move it. I got 40 pages edited. Carved the pumpkin. Did the laundry. Made lunches for today. Shoveled snow. I am about to put my feet up and hope nobody poops/vomits/pees anywhere they shouldn't. That would really make my day :D

PS. Happy Halloween

16 comments:

  1. I promise not to poop/pee/vomit anywhere that I'm not supposed to. *gg*

    Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither! Happy Ghouling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise too. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm really looking forward to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Chocolate collecting day =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 40 pages edited is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Melissa!!!! I thought so :)

    Stacy, I've seen some people moaning on Amazon but I liked it.

    Dennie--I am so looking forward to some decent chocolate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Halloween!

    You're Super Mum, Toni!! We never got around to carving a pumpkin this year which is really bad :( I know my girls are getting older, but still, I don't like letting tradition slide ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on a Tess Gerritsen marathon. Trying to read all of her books. I tried Howard and wasn't impressed. Gerritsen I highly recommend if you haven't read her.

    Have a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loreth--mine almost didn't happen, but my kids would REALLY care!!!

    peggy--I love Tess's stuff. I have a hardback copy of Vanish just waiting for me. :) Enjoy your marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Halloween, Toni! Hope your kids have a fab time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Halloween!
    As for the book, I too found the story a bit improbable, but I thoroughly enjoyed. She has a way of sucking you into the story,also I cannot wait until the new Blair Mallory book by her is released next month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Siobhan--same to you :)
    Brandy, I didn't realize she was writing another Blair book. That'll be interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Halloween Toni.

    I read this book when it first came out and I really enjoyed the romance part of the story. The other stuff, 'meh.'

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Halloween Amy :)

    ReplyDelete