Friday, December 22, 2006

Desire

I have two projects planned for the New Year. One is going to be an attempt to write a Silhouette Desire novel and the other is to write a romantic mystery.

It many ways they are opposites, but writing the Desire should help me explore getting more emotion on the page. So that's my plan. January first (OK, we're having a Hogmanay party, so January second) start writing a Desire story. I'm going for a fast write on this story--write through to the end in one go (with minor edits) and then polish those first three chapters for the partial. Then in Febuary sometime, start the romantic mystery. I'm planning a series arc and book arcs, so it'll be a lot more work and a lot more planning.

I've started my notebooks/scrapbooks for each so I can write down any ideas that come to me without getting too sucked into the other story.


Oh--and Colin? He's my Desire hero. Gotta love him :)


Happy Birthday Granny!

11 comments:

  1. I *heart* him....

    sounds like exciting books for the new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE hero for the Desire.
    What's a Hogmany party?
    Happy Birthday Granny!
    And, best of luck on the 2 projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. And thanks.

    Brandy--Hogmanay is a New Years Eve party Scottish style (although *style* might be the wrong word ;)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hogmanay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...Colin. Oh how I like Colin.

    Those sound like great plans. You can do it, Toni!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Colin does not do it for me... too squeeky clean/upper crust for me. Watched Lake House and had my fill of Keanu yesterday though so I am more than happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good plan, Toni!

    Colin will definitely help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Granny!

    I can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh.Wow.

    Okay, I have to fess up - Colin who? I need to know because he's definitely going on my hottie list. Just don't tell Hugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know everyone loves Colin from "P&P" but I adore him from "Bridget Jones." He was so good. A great model for a hero.

    Good luck on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Colin Firth--I love him in *Love Actually*

    He's a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is my birthday associated with your new hero? don't mind if it is !!!!

    ReplyDelete