Monday, December 18, 2006

Movie Spoilers

I'm still feeling tired. Think I may have picked up a cold but I'm fighting it. Thought I'd tell you about a couple of movies I watched recently... and these are just my opinions--feel free to disagree.

Click. Adam Sandler playing Adam Sandler. I know he can act, I saw him in Punch Drunk Love and finally saw that he can act. But this movie is boring and PREDICTABLE. Terrible. No comic moments at all. How many times can you show a dog/dogs humping a stuffed duck? It just isn't fuuny. Kate Bekinsale looked incredible though. Oh my, where is my diet :)












The Lake House (LAKE HOUSE Deb). I loved this movie. It was beautifully shot, the story unusual and taut. James Patterson always gives his stories a twist and this one just was so full of style. And Sandra and Keanu. Muah.

Loved it. DH loved it too. And he hated Click too.








United 93. This was a hard movie to watch. I wondered how Hollywood would handle such a sensitive subject without bias or bravado. The movie highlighted the fact the US 'agencies' had no idea how to coordinate or avert this situation (hopefully now rectified). It highlighted the fact the terrorists were real people, with strong beliefs they were willing and eager to die for. It highlighted the bravery and humanity of the people on that flight. I mean can you really imagine what they went through?

Made me think about the villains in my stories. They are always the heroes of their own stories. Remember this when you're writing people doing terrible things. It was an excellent reminder to me.



I haven't watched the World Trade Center movie yet--anyone here seen it??

9 comments:

  1. Hi Toni,

    Sorry I haven't been around. Blogging has taken such a back seat that it's been in the trunk. What is that called in England?

    I am sooo relieved that you didn't like Click. I love Adam Sandler, but this movie was pure shite. Nuff said.

    I'll trust you on the Bullock/Reeves movie, but I have to be sceptical. Neither has done much that I have respect for. Both have become synonymous with cheese.

    As for the 911 movie, I will have to check it out. I agree too that in writing you have to make all people, on each side of the conflict, sympathetic and righteous in their actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the movie tips, Toni. I've no inclination to see Click and you've clinche it for me now.

    I do want to see Sandra and Keanu though. "Muah" pretty much sums it up, doesn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard "Click" was pretty bad. I liked Adam Sandler in "Spanglish." So yes, he can act. Too bad, interesting concept.

    People have raved about "The Lake House." I'm not a big Keanu fan although I liked him in "Constantine" and "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" (yes, I'm that low brow). I'm not real eager to see United 93 but I probably will see it. You made some good points about villains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not an Adam Sandler fan, so no problem with Click. Bebo wants to see Lake House, so I'll probably see it some day. I'm planning on see United 93, and I bought World Trade Center for myself for Christmas - it's wrapped under the tree (I had to have something to open that morning *gg*) - I'll let you know what I think about it when I watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see The Lake House. But I think I'll leave CLICK on the videostore shelf.

    Haven't watched any 9/11 movies - can't bring myself to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Scott-the boot. The trunk is the boot in the UK. My kids are so confused ;)

    Meretta--I thought so :D

    Rene--who didn't love Bill and Ted?

    Bails--I think you'd like it. Enjoy that DVD. I'm feeling better :) Thank you.

    Melissa--I think many people feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no desire to see Click, I am not an Adam Sandler fan. The Lakehouse looks wonderful, but sad, and I can't handle sad movies, I blubber all over. So, spoil it for me some more, does it have a HEA?
    I hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The LAKE HOUSE - you just didn't recognise a good posh English accent!!!! (Leek Hooos - or is that more scottish?!)

    Love Keanu so I think this one is a must - thank you.

    ReplyDelete