Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globes ;)

Did you watch the Golden Globes? What a night for the Brits. Helen Mirren (2), Hugh Laurie, Emily Blunt, Bill Nighy, Jeremy Irons, Peter Morgan.



And then my secret favourite :) I think we (Brits) are all secretly ashamed to have such a stupid sense of humor :)


"I saw some dark parts of America ... an ugly side of America ... a side of America that rarely sees the light of day. I refer, of course, to the anus and testicles of my costar Ken Davitian. Ken, when I was in that scene and I stared down at your two wrinkled Golden Globes on my chin, I thought to myself, I better win a bloody award for this."
Sacha Baron Cohen, accepting his best actor award for Borat

And I also love Ugly Betty. I watch it now I'm allowed out at night ;) Isn't America Ferrara a sweety?

11 comments:

  1. WTG the Brits! Have yet to see "Borat". Not sure if it's my kind of thing ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Borat is on my to be seen list, too. LOL at the comments made about the, ahem, Golden Globes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't watch the Golden Globes, but I did check out all the celebrity fashions today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Ferrara's acceptance speech. She was graceful. Meryl Streep did win that Golden Globe after all. She sure was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed Hugh Lauries speech!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the Globes! Sure glad Hugh Laurie won though - he's absolutely brilliant in HOUSE. I never miss it, it's just about the only non-cop show I watch. "Borat"....ahem...guess I'm getting too old or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah -- America *is* a cutie :)

    WTG Brits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lurve Hugh Laurie.

    I found the show a bit boring.

    And was it just me, or did Meryl look like she'd been enjoying the wine for a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to all you brits! It was a great night. Loved the fact Beyonce didn't win but Jennifer Hudson did!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see "Borat." I think Baron Cohen is a genius. I've always liked Hugh Laurie.

    I'm not much of an awards show gal. I'll watch the Oscars because usually there is nothing else on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, and Bill Nighy is one of the most underrated actors. He's amazing.

    ReplyDelete