Thursday, January 04, 2007

Teapot

Look at one of the things I got for Christmas. I am obsessed with tea (teabelly being one of my family nicknames). I am also obsessed by beautiful things--I can't help myself it is a Taurean/materialistic thing. Thankfully I am too poor to indulge in that shallow side too often ;)

My p-i-l bought DH and I a gorgeous teapot for Christmas. The paintings on it remind me so much of the fishing village where we lived in Fife, Scotland.

It makes me homesick--especially the lighthouse pictures. I am kind of obsessed by lighthouses and windmills. Did I ever tell you the story about chasing El Cid's windmills in Spain?

Oh my...


Thanks Mini and Pop!!!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful and they certainly have an Anstruther feel to them. You wouldn't put a knitty cosie over that would you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teapots! I like the collect miniature tea sets, too.

    That one is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so pretty! I love pretty teapots and would love to collect them but I fear they wouldn't last long in one piece. When I get my new kitchen, I am going to get a tea kettle that whistles. I love those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an asian design cast iron tea-pot that holds 2 cups. I love it. Your teapot is soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful pot, Toni!

    LOL Deb -- I haven't heard sight nor sound of a tea cosy for at least a decade. Makes me slightly nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, slightly incoherent sentence that was. Perhaps I need some tea ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb is a very old lady. 94 if she's a day. Loves her tea cosies ;)

    Rene--I like whistling kettles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have another barley Loreth. LOL

    It's beautiful sweetie.

    But now I can't get the "I'm a little teapot" song out of my head ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I'm a little barley pot, here's my spout ..."

    :) Seriously, Bailey, for the record, I had just one. ONE! It was hypothermia that mangled my tongue. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK--Loreth--one spelling mistake should not be laughed at so much. My spelling wavers between UK/US/Canada choices plus plain old fashioned ignorance. You are perfect in everyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Toni - I think Loreth can be my new best friend!! I'm actually 99 next birthday - don't forget next year is the BIG one.....

    ReplyDelete