Friday, March 23, 2007

DarkFever

Well while my world has gone slightly mad (don't ask) I have also gone slightly mad doing what I love best. Reading. It isn't that I'm not writing when I'm supposed to be writing (I am), it is just I'm reading in every spare second (and as everyone including myself is vaguely ill, I've had tonnes of time in the last ten days to read--when I'm not writing :)

I finally got this book from the library, and boy was it worth the wait. Karen Marie Moning's previous books have been (for me) kind of cheap thrills stuffed with fabulously buff heroes and unbelievable, but fun, fairytales. We all need a bit of escapism sometimes and Karen provided it in spades.

This book isn't a classic romance as such. Darkfever is the first in a five book series and I loved it. Kind of a mix of Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets Blair Mallory (ala Linda Howard) with a twist of KMM's fairy leanings.

Now I can't wait to see just who or what Jericho Barrons is, and whether or not he's Mac's hero. Wonderful characters, witty writing. I unexpectedly loved this book. Now I have to wait for months until Bloodfever is released :(


3 comments:

  1. I posted an excerpt of Bloodfever on my blog. Its release has been delayed, to October. :(

    I liked this book too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I was crazy about this book...maybe it was the paranormal aspect...but I did finish it. It's definitely compelling. Glad you enjoyed it!

    I admit to liking her previous work better. Must be all those exotic Scotsmen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL *exotic Scotsmen* is an oxymoron to me :)

    Meretta, isn't it weird how our tastes vary just slightly ?

    ReplyDelete