Thursday, March 22, 2007

Hairdressers


I just got my hair cut. I figure if you only go to the hairdresser twice a year you're almost guaranteed to feel good when you come out. Anyway, I love it. All those dry brittle ends in the trash. I look just like Neve Campbell, but with bangs (well, if you squint hard in a low lit room :)

I haven't always loved hairdressers, in fact I think finding a good hairdresser is one of the unspoken traumas for modern day woman.

I had a terrible time growing up. As a teen I cut off my long hair into this weird spikey-do. Gawd!! And at the University of Liverpool I remember crying when some ***** gave me a mullet. Hell hath no misery like a woman with an awful haircut.

Anyway I survived and one thing I like about my hair is it grows really fast.

PS. I'm going for some color stripes this summer--unless you think I'm too old??

15 comments:

  1. Morning Toni
    What no picture!!!!!
    Always remember the difference between a bad haircut and a good one is three weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate going to get my hair cut. It's always such a trauma, even for a trim - my hair gets mad at me LOL. Your new 'do sounds cool.

    LOVE the Clive Owen pic. He is SUCH a man. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're never too old for stripes.

    Haircut? What's that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, your son needed a couple of prompts to even notice ;) And LOL and 3 weeks. That's a long time with a mullet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You took the words out my mouth, Bailey!

    And yes, we want a photo, Toni!!

    Lord, I haven't been to a hairdresser in .... 18 years. I hand DH the scissors, close my eyes, and ask for a bit off the bottom.
    Okay, no comments please, I know it shows. That's the reason for the ponytail *VBG*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loreth, you have gorgeous hair. And your style is simple enough to get away with that. DDs is like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an excellent hairdresser. She's very hip and she's got the coolest tattoos, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to go in every 8 weeks for a color and yes, it is important to find someone you trust. I'm pretty lucky, my hairdresser is wonderful although I can't understand a word she says.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have my hair done once a month - the roots every time (dyed), and cut every other time. It's my one vice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're absolutely NOT too old for color stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so fearful of a bad haircut I don't go get my hair done anymore. I just have hubs trim the ends for me every 5 months.
    Stripes? Um, highlights? Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I came to say hi, but LOVE the picture, sigh ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go for stripes - a nice deep mahogony or burgundy would look groovy on your dark locks. I remember nearly wetting myself laughing when Julie cut your hair (she was heavily pregnant at the time)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes Deb--I remember you did nothing to save me either :/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was too busy stopping myself peeing everywhere!!! I think you got your revenge when I had the perm which went scarily wrong... ha.

    ReplyDelete