Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Departed


Last weekend DH and I watched THE DEPARTED. What a fantastic film. The star-studded cast adds a sense of humongous scale to the movie. There's Jack Nicholson playing the role many say he was born to play. Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon, both of whom acted brilliantly and were thoroughly convincing. Mark Wahlberg, Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen and a host of recognisable faces in the background. The plot was fast-paced and twisted enough to keep it interesting without throwing any stupid out-of-the-blue revelations that hit you from nowhere and make no sense to the plot. I loved it and I enjoyed the love interest although the woman made a few choices that I wouldn't have made (Matt:Leo/Leo:Matt?). Even so, that made it interesting. A great movie, I thoroughly recommend it for people who like mob movies or crime thrillers.

5 comments:

  1. I've got it on my TBS(een) list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved this movie! It was action-packed and Jack was brilliant. I thoroughly hated Matt Damon's character. The woman though, got on my nerves. She actually made me cringe in embarrassment for all womankind, but that's just me. I highly recommend the movie though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too ... on my TBSeen list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm getting sick of Jack's schtick. He wasn't born to play this role; it's the only role he ever plays. I'll give him an exception for when he played the cop that goes crazy looking for a serial killer, even though I can't remember the name of the movie it was.

    The Departed surprised me at the end, and I really appreciate that much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can't wait to see this movie - thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete