Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ten years of wedded bliss

DH and I got married ten years ago today. I can not believe how quickly that time has gone by. We've accomplished some serious stuff. Lived in three different countries, bought two houses, moved four times, DH did two post-docs and got a permanent position at U of M. I wrote 5 books, sold two. We got a dog, had puppies (6) and we were gifted with two wonderful children.
Sometimes when you stop and think about what you have achieved and what you have built, life seems pretty amazing.

Today would also have been my granny's 87th birthday, but she died a week after we got married. Here' a happy smiley 70's shot from when my grandparents were holidaying in Butlins at Pwllheli (North Wales). My grandad is still around, still great.

When I look at this photo I see love.

And that folks is what life is all about.


13 comments:

  1. No kidding you've done a lot in that time. You should be very proud indeed! Congrats on making the ten year milestone. You've set the bar pretty high on accomplishments. And you are so right about what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Hope your day is as lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Hope its a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a lot. Happy anniversary.

    My first thought was, which U of M? There must be 5 of those in the US. Then I realized you're in Canada.

    Which didn't really clear things up for me, lol.

    Montreal?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott-I think the bar is set at loving each other :)

    Meretta, Rene, thanks :)

    Isabella, U of Manitoba.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary Toni!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary. It's my parents' anniversary on Tuesday. They've been married for 53 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary. I vividly remember the piper at your wedding, I love the sound of bagpipes (when played well!!). Also remember being 9 months pregnant! Happy Birthday to Gran too, she was lovely - I loved the way she laughed (and looked like the Queen)xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ames :)

    Diane--that is amazing 8:)

    Deb, I was watching some of the video yesterday--you were the size of a bus, but lovely with it :) Miss my gran :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary, Toni! Ten years is indeed a milestone. Hope you celebrate in style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ANDERSONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary, Toni!!!

    ReplyDelete