Sunday, May 06, 2007

Eight things about me...

Mary and Kendra both tagged me :)

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


8 random facts/habits about me ...

Number 1. During the birth of my first child I kept talking about David Beckham. I have absolutely no idea why.

Number 2. I have passed driving tests in UK, Ontario and Manitoba. Driving exams are my least favourite thing. If I have to take another one, I'm going to offer sexual favours instead.

Number 3. I didn't read a proper chapter book until I was eleven.

Number 4. My first memory is my mother burning my Humpty Dumpty and lying about it. She told me the foxes had run off with him and I found the remains in the bonfire.

Number 5. I've never failed a test in my life.

Number 6. I hate tomatoes. I don't just hate them, I can't eat them. I'll throw up.

Number 7. I dress like a boy. Jeans and t-shirt 99.9% of the time.

Number 8. I took up diving to cure myself of a fear of water and discovered a much greater fear of compressed gas cylinders. C'est la vie.


Bailey, Brandy, Jill, Scott, Siobhan, Melissa, Stacy, Rene,

7 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

Arrrrgh. Okay, when I get back on-line. Loved the Beckham thingy. And you've never failed a test? I hate you. LOL

Scott said...

If your kid turns out to be an ace soccer player, then all that talk will suddenly make sense!

Ok, I'll give it a crack!

Oh, and thank you for all the advice you gave me. I've been meaning to reply and just never seemed to get around to it. Work has been a little funny lately, beings how I'm leaving and all.

I'm headed for Houston if we ever put this house up for sale.

Brandy said...

AH! I don't know 8 people! But, I'll do it! Seems like a bit of fun!

I'm with Bailey, you've never failed a test?

Toni Anderson said...

Tests are easy.

Now, getting published, getting an agent, that's trickier.


Scott, if she turns out to be the next England center forward all those weird hallucinations will have been worth it ;) The advice was just another perspective of the same old same old. You'll be in Houston! Cool :) Or rather HOT!

Stacy~ said...

I'll give it a go, though I feel like I've run out of things to say about me, or maybe I should say interesting things LOL.

Interesting stuff Toni. I've got a bit of fear of water but never thought to take up diving. And I still don't.

Kendra Clark said...

LOL@ David Beckham. Is there something we need to know? ;)

Laurie said...

Beckham? LOL! Course, I can't think of any Brits I'd be hallucinating about, so he's just as good as any. :)

Your eight things are much more interesting than MY eight things! never failed a test - you genuis, you!

I hear you about the fear of water thing - I'm terrified of large bodies of water, but cured that in 2002 when we went on a Caribbean cruise and had to spend 2 days at sea with nothing but the horizon in evidence. It also answered the question on of my girlfriends and I came up with when the movie "Titantic" came out - IF we were on a sinking cruise ship (or any big ship), would we jump into a life boat and leave our hubbies behind, knowing they'd drown, as the wives on the Titantic did? Seriously, we had a real debate on this! :) Anyway, when we were on that cruise, and had to go through the regulation "lifeboat" exercise, I realized that NO WAY could I jump into one with my beloved DH, and that I would happily go down to the sea with him. It suddenly made sense, out there on the Atlantic. 'Course, knowing you have good guardians set up for your kids helps too!