Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Language of Liars, Lucinda Schroeder


Sorry for the brief posts. Life has hit me at high speed again and I'm pretty much swamped. I wanted to recommend a fantastic online course called the Language of Liars by Lucinda Schroeder who's a retired federal agent, being run in September by the Heart of Carolina Romance Writers.

If a character lies in your writing, or if you conduct police interviews and you want your characters to figure out whether someone is lying or evading the truth or being honest, you need to take this course. Lucinda is awesome.


I'm also doing a writing romantic suspense course in June with one of my favorite RS authors, Lisa Gardner. How cool is that?

8 comments:

Michele said...

Just wanted to say nice pic of Sean. From 'Bravo Two Zero' (which I just ordered on DVD).

Kelly said...

You know, it's so nice to know there's a place I can go every morning and see gorgeous pictures of Sean Bean...

Scott said...

I'd really like to take that class. I need to look into other similar courses too.

Toni Anderson said...

Michele--I loved that series/movie I forget which it was. I have the book by Andy McNab too. He's a good military writer.

Kelly--well I'm glad you come over for any reason LOL. So much for my wit and humor though :) I love finding nice pictures of my heroes. It keeps me motivated.

Scott--get in touch if you want a list of places that run courses like these. RWA is an amazing group of people. And then there are the Crime Writers groups. But don't rule RWA out just because it concentrates on romance.

Rene said...

I used to take most of the classes KOD offered. I don't have as much time anymore to take classes although there are some really good ones out there.

Toni Anderson said...

I did this course in 2004 and couldn't find my notes. Lucinda was so kind she sent me the lectures again. How nice is that?

Rene I hadn't done a course in ages and I've just done 2 and booked Lisa's. I think it is good to have frequent breaks from learning craft and try to actually apply it without drowning.

Laurie said...

Okay, spill = where's Lisa Gardner's class being held? Not that I can likely afford it, not knowing when my first "work" paycheque is coming in....:)

Toni Anderson said...

Laurie I didn't link cos I'd forgotten. I surfed.

http://www.writeruniv.com/