Friday, May 11, 2007

Triskelion is stopping print of most of its titles

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
Voltaire
French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

Well, I have news.

Triskelion are no longer promising to print any of the books they produce, so Her Sanctuary will not be available in print format.

Not sure what the future holds there.

To cheer myself up (and as DH was away) I borrowed Pride and Prejudice from the library and wallowed in Jane Austin. The BBC/ABC version, with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehles. And last night the stupid disc stuck on the lake scene--you know, when Mr Darcy finally starts opening up and Lizzy realizes what a terrible mistake she's made. ARGH!! It stuck and wouldn't play (me balling like a baby).

So.

I ordered a new copy

from Amazon

:P


8 comments:

Brandy said...

Aw, Toni, sorry to hear that about 'Her Sanctuary'. Triskelion doesn't know what opportunities it's missing!

Have fun with your new DVD when it arrives.

Stacy~ said...

I know lots of readers who still prefer books in print, so I agree - Triskelion is missing the boat on this one. I've discovered quite a few ebook writers once their books were printed, and some have become auto-buys.

Oh yes, that's a lovely version of P&P. My fave, I think. Hope you get the DVD soon.

Scott said...

Sorry about that, Toni. What a huge disappointment.

And thanks for the funny comment on my blog. Depending on the day, I could definitely score an A on the Asshole test!

Toni Anderson said...

Scott, glad you found it funny :)

Hey--don't feel sorry for me. Brandy, your scare puts things in perspective and Stacy, that little boy on your blog? I refuse to feel sorry for myself over something so mundane.

I want to be an author published in print, but more than that, I want to be a successful author in print.

That isn't my life though, it is just a part of my life. Many things are much more important.

Melissa Marsh said...

Well darn it, Toni. Sorry to hear about this, but it may open the door to bigger and better things for you.

Laurie said...

Sorry, Toni, that "sucks", especially when it's such a good book and you've just given them "Blade Hunter", too. Want to bet Triskelion starts going under? Cutting back on things like printing books is a sign of financial floundering, JMHO. I saw it happen to another epub that I submitted my medieval to - they ended up not taking it because they went into "financial restructuring". Let's hope that doesn't happen with Triskelion, when we see so many debut authors in RWR contracted to them!

Glad to hear you did the sane thing and "drowned" your disappointment in such a great film. We can all learn a few things from Jane! :)

Toni Anderson said...

Jane is teraching me alot that is pertinent to my wip, amazingly enough :)

Triskelion are restructuring with an eye on ebooks as a priority.

Toni Anderson said...

oops--darned button. Excuse the typos. Fingers are drunk :)